http://www.wbbm780.com/Shooting-In-D...Gunman/1049523

Pregnant Woman Fatally Shot, Police Hunt For Gunman

DEERFIELD, Ill. (WBBM) -- Police are looking for a gunman suspected of killing a pregnant woman who was found shot to death Thursday in a condominium in north suburban Deerfield.

The shooting incident occurred in a home at the Deerfield Crossing townhouse development in the 400 block of Elm Street about 8:05 a.m., according to police.

A woman was killed and the gunman has since left the area, according to police. Police apparently know who they are looking for and have showed a picture of suspect to neighbors.

A witness, Charles Scott, who lives in the area of the shooting, tells WBBM that the dead woman was pregnant.

Scott said in a telephone interview that a detective knocked on his door and showed him a professional photograph of "a athletic looking, very handsome male."

"He then asked me if I knew him...I said no, he looks familiar, but no I don't know him by name," Scott said.

Deerfield police and the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force are conducting a death investigation, according to a Deerfield police release.

The Lake County coroner's office confirmed they responded to a residence in Deerfield where one person was pronounced dead at the scene. They would not release further information on the person killed.

A nearby school, Shepard Middle School, at 440 Grove Ave., was placed on lock down as a precaution, but that order has since been lifted.

All school activities will resume as normal, including after school and evening events. Dismissal will occur at 2:40 p.m.

Shepard was not involved in the incident and students were not in danger, the release said. The school was closed as a precautionary measure.

Contents of this site are Copyright 2007 by WBBM. The STNGwire contributed to this report.

Just sad