A few good strong women - Page 2

A few good strong women

This is a discussion on A few good strong women within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "How does a man show he's planning for the future? He buys two cases of beer instead of one." Copy. Paste. Send. Which reminds me, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few good strong women

"How does a man show he's planning for the future?
    He buys two cases of beer instead of one."

Copy. Paste. Send.

Which reminds me, I need to go shopping. Gotta plan ahead

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    That's funny, I showed them to two biker babes and they told me they don't shag beer for anyone. I guess the closer you get to Milwaukee, the tougher the stock. My wife hasn't seen these yet.

Don't make assumptions for all females. I sat having a cold one with Libby at Capital today. Bikes come and go all day. Sometimes you can't tell male from female until they strip the leather off. Over 2/3's of the conversation at a bike shop is shuck. Putting some one down is a reason to fight. Telling a female biker (and yes, they refer to themselves as 'babes') they're not as smart as men, talk all of the time and are only good to fetch beer is going to draw heat.

And don't look to me bail you out. Even I thought these jokes were tasteless.

Let's get a fair accessment. A copy was just posted on VTF.
    My wife just read the jokes as well and walked away laughing. I think Betty has pretty much summed up how the average woman would probably react and my wife pretty much did the same so that's all I'm going to say in thread.

What is perplexing about all of this, to me, is why you believe we should all conform to the reactions of "biker babes" (which, by some, is a demeaning way to refer to women) and the VTF forum. We certainly have people here that like motorcycles, as well as some that like alot of other things. But this is not a "biker forum" and we don't have a lot of "biker babes" around. I really don't care what their opinion is of what is contained within this forum any more than I care what any other forum, as a group, thinks. And, for the record, the "material that got censored because one or two mods felt it was inappropriate" was not censored. It was removed as off topic, as have told you would happen. And 99% of it was removed by me, not our moderators. If you have a beef about something, drop it on my doorstep with a PM, not the moderators, in thread.

I'm going to say this, in open forum, once and then I'm done. The success of this forum to date has been because we focus on concealed carry issues rather than bicker and fight. Anything that is off topic on the concealed carry forums will be deleted. Period. Here in "off topic" as long as it is not outside of the community standards that have evolved here (most know what they are already, new members may want to read some of the sticky posts or review "Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments" posts) it is left alone. If you are offended a bit too easily, you may want to stay out of this area. We cannot guarantee, nor would I ever try, to make certain you are never, under any circumstances, offended. You have a constitutional right to be offended, you have no such right to not be offended.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

They're funny because they're funny.

Check this out:

How many women does it take to open a beer?

None. It should be opened when he brings it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a man?

Because a man who can't even afford a washing machine will probably never be able to support you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you fix a man's watch?

You don't. There is a clock on the oven.

Why do women fart more than men?

Because men can't shut up long enough to

build up the required pressure.

If your dog is barking at the back door and your husband is yelling at the front door, who do you let in first?

The dog, of course. He'll shut up once you let him in.

Men will never be equal to women until they can

walk down the street with a bald head and a beer

gut, and not possibly think they are sexy.

In the beginning, God created the earth and rested.

Then God created Man and rested.

Then God created Woman.

Having finally perfected his creation, God has rested ever since.
    They're funny because they twist logic. I could rewrite the jokes to be about elephants.

It's not that funny to me just because I find such fare trite and my sense of humor is slightly more twisted.

My whole family is now offended.

Oh the friggin humanity.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Not me---I'm not offended---Nothing offends me---Well(?)---Maybe just one thing!---People that work in gun shops that don't know nuttin 'bout gunz.---NOW THAT OFFENDS ME !!!!

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar

You guys can think what you want.

I got this response from a female biker who calls herself "xl-scratch."

For you citizens, an 'xl' is a type of Harley Sportster, and 'scratch' means to drag race or 'scratch off.' In other words, she engages in riding that some men are too faint to do. I think her comments are valid, and she had a polite, thoughtful response:

Chico, I think they're kinda sorta funny on the surface, but they kinda sorta reveal something about the person who's telling the jokes...If I heard a guy telling jokes like this in person and I didn't know him well, I'd probably think he doesn't like or respect women much. (I don't mean you--even though I don't know you, I appreciate your soliciting opinions in this forum and based on your post you seem like a thoughtful person.) I think the less stereotyping that goes on (and that's what these jokes basically are, IMHO), the better. (Problem is, you can always find individual examples of people fitting stereotypes!) My $.02.

Laura

P.S. Were you really surprised to find jokes like this online??? I only WISH they were that hard to find

DC Founder

For you citizens, an 'xl' is a type of Harley Sportster, and 'scratch' means to drag race or 'scratch off.' In other words, she engages in riding that some men are too faint to do. I think her comments are valid, and she had a polite, thoughtful response:

Chico, I think they're kinda sorta funny on the surface, but they kinda sorta reveal something about the person who's telling the jokes...If I heard a guy telling jokes like this in person and I didn't know him well, I'd probably think he doesn't like or respect women much. (I don't mean you--even though I don't know you, I appreciate your soliciting opinions in this forum and based on your post you seem like a thoughtful person.) I think the less stereotyping that goes on (and that's what these jokes basically are, IMHO), the better. (Problem is, you can always find individual examples of people fitting stereotypes!) My $.02.

Laura

P.S. Were you really surprised to find jokes like this online??? I only WISH they were that hard to find
    Yawn
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator

All I Can say Is:

:outtahere

Laura

let it go......
    you have your own opinion and we have ours....leave it at that....no need to carry on about it :outtahere

VIP Member
    Mrshonts,

Hurry up with work so you can come over and take out the garbage.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Tourist I belive i said drop it next one is five free combat carry banned days
    Last edited by Bud White; June 23rd, 2005 at 09:45 PM.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Mrshonts,

Hurry up with work so you can come over and take out the garbage.
    thats funny! Sounds like something my girlfriend would tell me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links