Presidential Calculator

This is a discussion on Presidential Calculator within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bill Richardson 90%...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Calculator

Senior Moderator
    Bill Richardson 90%
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

2. Remove Ads

I bet a mod will close this thread if it becomes a political discussion.

I'd like to get a few more results posted first.

Thanks

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    He's imo the only candidate that actually supports the 2nd Amendment and not some sort of "reasonable" restrictions like most if not all of the other candidates. He's not shall or may issue, he's no permits at all.
    IMO Fred Thompson is just as strong on the 2nd Amendment.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Geo2020 View Post
    I bet a mod will close this thread if it becomes a political discussion.

I'd like to get a few more results posted first.

Thanks
    Everything I posted was directly related to the 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    IMO Fred Thompson is just as strong on the 2nd Amendment.
    Voting records indicate otherwise.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

JT
    Voting records indicate otherwise.
    You're interpretation of voting records may indicate otherwise, but mine does not. This was already beat to death in a now closed thread, but much of what GOA labeled as “anti-gun votes” in actuality were not gun related issues.

But I'll try to let it go at that, so I don't get this this thread closed.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

+1 Ron Paul wants all kinds of guns for everyone - freedom means just that. He's against any kind of restrictions on basically anything.

Austin

You're interpretation of voting records may indicate otherwise, but mine does not. This was already beat to death in a now closed thread, but much of what GOA labeled as “anti-gun votes” in actuality were not gun related issues.

But I'll try to let it go at that, so I don't get this this thread closed.
    I wasn't talking about what they said. I don't even really know outside of a cursory glance. I do all of my research on my own. I look at voting records (vote smart is good) and then I read a decent amount of the bills in question.

Their voting records and bills submitted are apples and oranges. That is unless you're one of those gun owners that likes a few restrictions. I'm not sure why people treat it as a personal attack if you call out someone's votes. Sure in the grand scheme of things I'd rank Fred Thompson as a B or so, but I don't vote for B's anymore. I have to sleep at night.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

JT
    I wasn't talking about what they said. I don't even really know outside of a cursory glance. I do all of my research on my own. I look at voting records (vote smart is good) and then I read a decent amount of the bills in question.

Their voting records and bills submitted are apples and oranges. That is unless you're one of those gun owners that likes a few restrictions. I'm not sure why people treat it as a personal attack if you call out someone's votes. Sure in the grand scheme of things I'd rank Fred Thompson as a B or so, but I don't vote for B's anymore. I have to sleep at night.
    The reason I referenced GOA, is because one of the links you posted was from their web site.

I have looked at their voting records and I rank them about the same. The NRA ranks Ron Paul lower, because he voted against the protection of lawful commerce act. GOA ranks Ron Paul higher. It is subjective. Hence my point that “your interpretation of voting records may indicate otherwise, but mine does not”.

And I too “have to sleep at night”. That’s why I support Thompson, a man that I believe is just as strong on 2nd amendments issues, but who is much more aligned with my beliefs on other issues, than Ron Paul is.

And why the comment about taking this as a personal attack? My whole discussion has been calm and rational. I also never said, nor implied that I was for "some restrictions".

Very interesting little calculator....

While I said I intend to vote for Fred Thompson, my calculated results showed 85.73% Duncan Hunter.

I like Duncan Hunter a lot, just don't feel he will be one to win the party's nomination in the primary.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Fred Thompson 98%

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    +1 Ron Paul wants all kinds of guns for everyone - freedom means just that. He's against any kind of restrictions on basically anything.

Austin
    Thats one issue that I like Paul for... he killed it for me when he drank the anti-war cool aid

The reason I referenced GOA, is because one of the links you posted was from their web site.
    Right, I could see the implications, but I can assure you I don't get my answers from any group.

I have looked at their voting records and I rank them about the same. The NRA ranks Ron Paul lower, because he voted against the protection of lawful commerce act. GOA ranks Ron Paul higher. It is subjective. Hence my point that “your interpretation of voting records may indicate otherwise, but mine does not”.
    The lawful commerce act was silly though. The idea was good, but it took a big crap on the courts system. I agree with Dr. Paul on that one. He's on a pure freedom ticket I guess, but that's not something that I worry about because the courts as of now seem to be throwing out most frivilous lawsuits despite what chain e-mails indicate.

And I too “have to sleep at night”. That’s why I support Thompson, a man that I believe is just as strong on 2nd amendments issues, but who is much more aligned with my beliefs on other issues, than Ron Paul is.
    I can totally respect that, I wish more people voted for candidates they actually agreed with. I just disagree that he's more 2A. I would almost guarantee from my readings that Thompson would be for shall issue, but not for dissolution of permits in general (think Vermont/Alaska here). Paul is. That's the biggest difference to me. Once you start licensing something, its not really a right anymore.

And why the comment about taking this as a personal attack? My whole discussion has been calm and rational. I also never said, nor implied that I was for "some restrictions".
    Eh, it wasn't really directed at you, although it appears that way. My apologies if you took it personally. It just seems a recurring trend on gun boards that if you really nitpick Thompson you've put your head on the proverbial guillotine. He is for some restrictions afterall. A lot of gun owners are sadly for some restrictions.

JT
    Ok. That's cool.

I don't agree with Ron Paul voting against the protection of lawful commerce act, but I understand his Constitutional concerns. I would prefer full tort reform, but until we get it, I think we needed the act to protect the 2nd.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Why is it that all of these threads eventually direct towards the fringe candidate, Ron Paul? I expect this interesting thread will be soon closed because of this obsession with an internet campaign. Remember Howard Dean? I sugest everyone cool down, study ALL the issues and end the emotional support.

Now, wouldn't it be interesting if we voted the issues rather the candidates? If this poll were provided on the ballot rather than the candidates names? Many would 'vote' for someone who agrees with their views rather than media hype and posturing and the nonsensical debates.

Fred Thompson: 92%

Suggestion noted, but I hope it turns out to be more than a "fringe candidate" and an "internet campaign". He's against the war because we are doing world police actions not defending our country.

Austin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links