Awareness Training by IPod

This is a discussion on Awareness Training by IPod within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last week I finally succumbed and had to spend $500 on new tires for the truck ( all that money that could be used on ...

Thread: Awareness Training by IPod

VIP Member

Last week I finally succumbed and had to spend $500 on new tires for the truck ( all that money that could be used on a new gun darn it!). At the shop I asked how long it would take and I was informed that hopefuly and hour or so.
    I did not relish the idea of a full hour of boredom so I retrieved my IPod and decided, against my rules, to spend the time listening to the GunTalk podcast. Here is what I found out:

1) It is amazing how much you use your ears to "see" what's behind you. The 6 O'Clock is anybody' weakest side but even more so with your ears somewhat blocked. I kept looking over my shoulder as I paced in and out of the shop.

2) I was paying more attention to detail than usual. Checking hands, bulges, body language & attitudes. I scanned more and often.

3) Unless I had a corner chair and I was facing the only way in, I could not sit still for long and still I did not like it. I kept moving, checking around blind spots, bushes, etc. I felt that I was never getting enough information about my surroundings and made me unconfortable.

I guess the amount of "ambience" information we get but not digest consciously is enormous.

Oh! BTW!
    4) GunTalk is a great 3 hour radio show dedicated to guns! Tom Greshawn who also is the host & producer of Personal Defense TV.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator
    Is it a Podcast available on iTunes?

VIP Member
    yep. do a search for "gun" and it will show. I think it is the only one available & working.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Tis my favorite show.
    Here are some links:

edit: (hit enter to quick)
    Podcast: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=190516844
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    LOL,I got a kick out of this. Seeing as I'm typically that guy behind the counter of the tire shop saying "we can hopefully get it done in an hour" . lol interesting idea,thats why I've never been big on iPods,esp not at the gym. I can't stand when somebodys on their iPod on the gym and you need to get their attention.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I am mostly deaf in my right ear (scar tissue on my ear drum) so I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, often making a complete circle in an effort to isolate the direction of a particular sound. The interesting thing is that my left ear is now hyper-sensitive. I wear an earplug when I drive to block the white noise.

I llisten to Guntalk too! I listened to an archived show Saturday on an MP3 player. The show had a guest host and featured a guest that wrote a book about the New Orleans gun grab after Katrina. There's a scarry topic!

The show is also braodcast a week later ('reloaded version') on 550AM, KFRM (KS,NE,OK). I catch it if I'm driving on Saturday afternoons, or working around the house then, otherwise it's MP3 and archives.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    LOL,I got a kick out of this. Seeing as I'm typically that guy behind the counter of the tire shop saying "we can hopefully get it done in an hour" . lol interesting idea,thats why I've never been big on iPods,esp not at the gym. I can't stand when somebodys on their iPod on the gym and you need to get their attention.
    And I bet you had a darn good sale I missed 'cause I am not in the area

I love the show and it is my companion going back and forth to work. This is the link to the archive
    Randy Cain.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    how does the Podcast work? do you have to resync every day or does it automatically sync to a new episode... I have never had a podcast before
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

You can have it sync either way. I believe it defaults to checking
    for new episodes when you start itunes.
    Me I turned it off and sync manually (right-click select update), otherwise all my podcast don't fit on my ipod (should have got a bigger one, oh well, still love it).

I for one love listening at the gym, otherwise I'd be bored stiff.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links