Another School Shooting!

This is a discussion on Another School Shooting! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So when will schools realize that teachers need to be armed? Also students in college who are over 21 need to carry to protect themselves. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another School Shooting!

Another School Shooting!

So when will schools realize that teachers need to be armed? Also students in college who are over 21 need to carry to protect themselves.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21224357/
    G19
    G26

2. Remove Ads

Amen, brother.

Read the 10 myths if you get a chance too.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

VIP Member
    Good Lord, not again!

Well, I'm afraid we all know it's going to be another one of those "ban guns" media frenzies!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock_19 View Post
    So when will schools realize that teachers need to be armed? Also students in college who are over 21 need to carry to protect themselves.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21224357/
    This is not true at all. That was a gun free zone. NO guns where in that school. This is a media fabrication of a guy just setting off fireworks and people thinking they got shot.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I had a customer come in and asked if I was having a good day. I said it has been ok. Then she asked if I heard about the shooting in Cleveland. My eyes got so big and I said hold on. Jumped on the net and made sure it wasn't my wife's school. Man was that a big scare today. Wow wow I had a billion things going through my mind.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

+1 Rob....you beat me to it....I didn't think such things could happen. Afterall, didn't the BG know it was against the law to bring a gun to on to school grounds and that it was illegal to kill people?

Time to go on offense and pull people's head out of

...the sand
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I teach 13 and 14 year olds and most of them do not think of the consequences for such irrational actions. I have 1 flight of stairs and twenty steps to the parking lot to get my weapon.......too far in my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I know some that do carry in flagrant violation. Some are professors. Some are students. All responsible.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Do Not Arm The Teachers...

We have to stop this talk of arming teachers. I am a teacher, I work with teachers, I know how teachers (many of them) tend to think...

That said, let me clarify...
    Each time these school shootings take place, the subject of arming the teachers comes up, and everyone begins to debate teachers with guns...a terrible 'mindset'. It makes it sound as if teachers will line up in the office during September and get the paper, pencils, and Glocks that are in the office stockroom...yeah, right.

I would prefer that the discussion be based upon allowing permit holders, individuals with training and background checks, to carry on school grounds...JUST LIKE IN UTAH!

I would be the first one to conceal my weapon and continue my job. No one would know, and I would be in a much better position to defend myself or my classroom in the event of some student attempting another shooting. This mindset is easier to imagine and does not evoke the same concerns as 'arming the teachers'.

I was in a conversation with some staff members today when we were informed of the Ohio school shooting. Within minutes, the discussion centered on 'arming the teachers'......imagine THAT terrible thought?

So in a few words I discussed not arming the teachers, but rather allowing individuals who had the proper training and the proper license requirements to carry a concealed weapon. I was surprised that the reaction was much less hostile. I think that many of the teachers really thought that they might be required to take that 'Glock' with the paper and pencils...

May I restate...we don't need to ARM THE TEACHERS, we only need to allow trained permit holders the same legal latitude to carry in schools that permit holders have in UTAH.

Stay armed...enjoy teaching...stay safe!

OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let the additional onslaught of gun ban commies begin their rants. I suppose none of them will be able to aptly explain why the "Gun Free Zone" didn't prevent this.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Obviously a hoax, guns are prohibited on campus.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
    If your college wouldn't let you carry, would you do it anyways?
    This comment has been deleted.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Obviously a hoax, guns are prohibited on campus.
    Yep my thoughts exactly after all no one would violate a "Gun Free School Zone" Would they?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Several posts have been deleted that pertained to breaking the law.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links