1911 dream

1911 dream

This is a discussion on 1911 dream within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Peacefuljeffrey's dream inspired me to post this one I had last night. I was travelling across the country, driving a Penske moving truck. (I just ...

Thread: 1911 dream

1911 dream

Peacefuljeffrey's dream inspired me to post this one I had last night.

I was travelling across the country, driving a Penske moving truck. (I just did this a few weeks ago) only my wife had flown ahead or something - I was on the road alone.
    (I was carrying my 1911 IWB, two extra mags, and a knife.)
    I stopped to fill up on diesel and get a bite to eat in some crummy town - could have been in New Mexico (no offense).
    When I got out I noticed there were lots of teenage kids around looking like they were up to no good, all openly carrying knives in their hands and flipping, flashing, tossing them etc..
    I walked over to the little store at the filling station and two of the kids approached me with their knives held down at their sides. I took my knife out and held it in my hand and said something like, "I've got one of those too." We chatted for a minute or so, they seemed harmless - just stupid kids - but I suggested it would be better for them to put their knives away so no one got hurt.
    The kid closest to me had an IWB sheath for his fixed blade Buck knife, and put it away. I couldn't see what the kid behind him did but they seemed to be acting reasonably.
    Just as I put my own knife away, the kid closest to me pulled his knife and lunged at me.
    I stepped back and drew and fired - right as I fired I saw that he had taken the sheath out too - like he was just play-fighting or something. Too late for him because he got an automatic double tap in the chest.
    The kid behind him had both hands behind his head and was starting to swing them down at me - he had a look on his faced of mixed surprise and anger - I couldn't see his hands and he got one in the chest. As he slumped to the side I saw he had some sort of palm frond or fern leaf in his hands - he was just playing too.
    Immediately I put my gun on safe and holstered it, and yelled in the door of the filling station to call the police.
    I looked at the two guys on the ground and knew they were dead. Those HSTs did a real job on them.

Right after the police started showing up I woke up and thought about it for a minute. Maybe I didn't do everything perfectly, but I was alive. And in hindsight, if I had hesitated I could easily be dead. So, too bad for those stupid kids I guess!

Austin

WOW! vivid dream. I haev had a few like that and really felt kinda sick as i awoke in the middle of the night.
    Once recently I awoke and honestly thought, as i lay next to my girlfriend, that I killed someone a while ago (time span undetermined but i did it), suppressed it, then just now remembered it and lay there thinking "did i?" how can i tell her this? should i tell her this? oh my god!" very (mentally) scary at the time..3am

yer dream sounded like they were/woulda been 'clean' shoots but how do you explain it to the cops! a sheathed knife and a palm branch...
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

That's what I was thinking. Sheathed knife, palm branch, they're both teenagers, and dead as can be. Not to mention in a strange town in the middle of nowhere.

Austin

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Let us know how long your gonna be in prison. I'm sure we'll all come visit when we can.

Penske has diesel trucks?

HP-Hank- I think in the dream they would probably just heard my side and let me go. Maybe take down a phone number in case they needed to get a hold of me.

Brain Donor - Yes they do. I drove a 26 footer that weighed about 25,000 pounds across the country....got 7 miles to the gallon. Not bad. Best prices for one way moves too.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by braindonor View Post
    Penske has diesel trucks?
    As a former Penske employee...I can assure you...yes.

I would think...in this scenario that a draw and retreat might have been best...if possible.

But then...there are sure a lot of us armchair quarterbacks...ya know???
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol and Basic Rifle Instructor
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

US Concealed Carry Magazine

I was backed into a corner... there was like a ledge behind me - like a deck a few feet off the ground with no railing, some stairs led up to the door but they were blocking both. I'd better check and see if New Mexico is a stand your ground state or not....

I would have avoided shooting if I could have...short of getting stabbed (albeit by a sheathed knife...)

Austin

Links