off topic no humor.. Kind of a sad choice today .

This is a discussion on off topic no humor.. Kind of a sad choice today . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today i made a choice i am neither happy with nor proud of . I chose to lock off our land from the public . ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: off topic no humor.. Kind of a sad choice today .

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

off topic no humor.. Kind of a sad choice today .

Today i made a choice i am neither happy with nor proud of . I chose to lock off our land from the public . Since the white man settled our area and before no one has ever been charged to hunt the land we own , nor will they . However between the costs of owning land where SOME folks with guns run freely , and the seemingly prevalent attitude that its the states game and one has the right to persue it anywhere I made a rough choice today that from now on there will be NO public hunting on any acres i control . Hunting is not wellfare , and you have no entitlement to anything on any land i own . Kiss my happy rump and hunt elsewhere .

Sorry for the tone , notice is served however . Do Not Be Found On MY Ground without an invitation .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

I don't blame you a bit!!
    Nobody can hunt my stepfathers land. Unless they are related.
    If you ain't family, you ain't huntin' here!!

Most places that are open to public hunting,
    are places I would be scared to be on opening day.

Many have no respect for the Landowners, the land, the deer, other hunters etc.

That's the problem in NY state. Most of the farmers have posted their land and the yuppies moving to the country are doing the same thing. Now the deer populations are way out of control.
    You've got every right to post your land but It's not a good thing for conservation.

I'm sorry to say that I totally understand. I was raised that you never knowingly set foot on a mans property without his permission. That was considered normal, polite behavior. By the time I was out of high school we had people cutting our fences to run snowmobiles and shooting towards our house in deer season. That was many years ago and I'm betting many are not better behaved...... sigh.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Administrator
    If I had enough land, I would lease it to a hunting club. That way they would take care of a lot of those issues, and you know that the people who are hunting the land are decent.
    "Just blame Sixto"

88m
    Sounds like someone from the western slope talking

Anyway I know a lot of land owners on this side of the mountains that have done the same thing. I don't blame you one bit though it is sad it has to be done at all because people have no respect.
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

six I only personaly own about 7,000 acres . With the entire familys land factored in tho it does run to " real acerage" . I do control access to virtually all of it since a lot is in a corp that i inheritanted running . I cant even quote you an accurate figure on how much ground this covers , but you can safely say it is 50,000 + acres . a fair chunk of land even for my country where jackrabbits carry canteens .

Edited to add

88m no lol i am southeast plains .. things are worse upslope as i understand it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Administrator
    I think that qualify's as "enough"... I thought the farm I hunt on was big at 1000 acres.
    "Just blame Sixto"

six enough for what ?? lol .

I wont even lease minerals without re writing the contract so the easement suits me . I wont lease hunting for the same reason , Its private land ****** , and the landowner says who can and cannot be there , and how they can be on parts of it .

Totally understood Red. It's your land. Do as YOU see fit.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

sorry for the vent thread guys , but i am disgusted , both with the entitlement idiots , and with my reaction to them . I just cant/wont get over my mad of well if you think you have a right to be on my ground then try me lol . sorry to say some few pissed me off and for that all will suffer as far as hunting on our ground goes . I dont really like the choice , but i am sick of buying irregation motors , fixing equipment , dead cattle , opened gates , ect .. then when somone has the gall to say state owned animals after i fed them last winter .... well my butt is well up in the air and the short end is everyone can deal without hunting on me ... no biggy but its another 50k or so land nationwide that disappeared today . that is a bit more than urban sprall cost today on habitat lol .

Administrator
    So, whats the story on the straw that broke your back?
    "Just blame Sixto"

six honestly it is a thread on a board , its not that the thread is that bad , but its the " entitlement mindset " some showed on the thread , since asked ill cross link here . http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=307619 is that infamous " straw " . Tho i have no stake in the lease hunt issue some posters pushed me over the edge so to speak where landowners and public hunting are concerned .

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I don't know Colorado law but you may also want to put up some signs. After the signs go up you may want to let the local area game warden and the local sheriff of the land being posted and why. This way when you call them they will know that you are serious about this problem. I understand where you are coming from. Many years ago my uncle (now deceased) had a friend of his take my uncle, me and some others to check out some possible hunting areas. On the trip my uncle's friend talked about how when ever he went out he had to shoot something. He didn't care what it was. If he didn't shoot a deer that day and saw a cow or a horse in a field on the way home he would stop and shoot it if no one was watching. Needless to say that was the last time I went anywhere with this fool.

VIP Member
    I posted mine as soon as I bought it.

Nobody but me & a couple of friends (with WRITTEN permission) can hunt it.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links