Big Brother is Watching You

Big Brother is Watching You

This is a discussion on Big Brother is Watching You within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ..with the big eye in the sky. Go to http://maps.google.com/ and then click on "satellite" on the far right. Now type in your address. Zoom ...

VIP Member

Wink Big Brother is Watching You

..with the big eye in the sky.

Go to http://maps.google.com/ and then click on "satellite" on the far right. Now type in your address. Zoom in if you can.

These maps are a couple years old, but I can still see my pickup parked in front of my old apartment. Freaky, huh?

(My unit marked with red star.)
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

theres another one gets a lot closer i cant rember what one ... when i looked up mom and dads house my work van was there so i know pic was pre 1999

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Those have to be some old photos. My 'house' is a cleared lot, and we've lived here for over 5 years.

Assistant Administrator
    I did try this Betty not so long ago - but am semi-rural and seems only more urban and city areas well served. I did manage to find an old Terraserver image of my road but that was way outa date! Suits me!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Here is one

Let me change my thread.
    I just remembered.....There is one sat site called Keyhole.com
    You need to register & you can get a free 7 day trial.
    You need a really fast computer with high resolution settings but, you can really zoom in full color & I think all the way to an altitude of only 96 feet or 69 feet...I don't remember. But, the images are truly amazing. My computer can't see the dead rat up on my rooftop though.
    It's a slight 5 minute pain to register with a password & then they E~mail tou a license key & then you're good to go. It's a safe site.

You should be able to get images better and closer than this if your computer & resolution settings can handle it.
    Last edited by QKShooter; June 25th, 2005 at 01:32 AM.

DC Founder
    I looked up my house on the Google site and got a somewhat smallish low resolution aerial photo with no date but it was an older one. On the Terraserver site I got a medium resolution black and white picture from 1997 showing very little detail. On the Maricopa County Assessor's website I got a very high resolution aerial photo taken in 2004 (see below). What is really funny is that both Google and Terraserver said my address was at the house marked with a "1" on it, while the Assessor had it correct, the house with the "3" on it. The detail is pretty incredible. I'm glad we aren't nudists.

I checked the Keyhole site as well and it is exactly the same picture that is on Google (because Google just acquired Keyhole) but the Keyhole product is sorta fun to play with....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I looked up my house on the Google site and got a somewhat smallish low resolution aerial photo with no date but it was an older one. On the Terraserver site I got a medium resolution black and white picture from 1997 showing very little detail. On the Maricopa County Assessor's website I got a very high resolution aerial photo taken in 2004 (see below). What is really funny is that both Google and Terraserver said my address was at the house marked with a "1" on it, while the Assessor had it correct, the house with the "3" on it. The detail is pretty incredible. I'm glad we aren't nudists.
    LOL! Yeah, that'd be tough on a lotta folks....and friends!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Lead Moderator
    I checked out the Google site when it went up. The picture of my area was only about 3 years old since I could see the house built on the site behind my house where I used to go into the woods and shoot. When they developed the area I finally had to break down and join a range.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Randy - that solitary plastic duck needs a companion!!

Nice pool
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Randy - that solitary plastic duck needs a companion!!

Nice pool
    Actually there are two plastic Chlor-Ducks floating in the pool and a small one in the spa, all malllards....

Pools are expensive and alot of work, but I sure like to get in it when it really gets hot.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Even if I could afford it, I'll never have a pool and the reason is that for every hour you swim in it, you spend another hour maintaining it. I've ripped out so much PVC and inhaled so much chlorine in my life it's pathetic. I've maintained pools privately, as a side job, and professionally, and I'm done with it!

That said, if you're going to have a pool, either go in ground or not at all!

Links