Not sure if anyone saw this: Rapper busted on Machine Gun Charges

This is a discussion on Not sure if anyone saw this: Rapper busted on Machine Gun Charges within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- T.I. was to make his initial court appearance Monday following his weekend arrest on weapons charges. T.I., whose real name ...

Thread: Not sure if anyone saw this: Rapper busted on Machine Gun Charges

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

Not sure if anyone saw this: Rapper busted on Machine Gun Charges

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- T.I. was to make his initial court appearance Monday following his weekend arrest on weapons charges.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, faces allegations from federal officials that he planned to pick up machine guns and silencers he had his bodyguard buy for him.

Agents with the federal bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested Harris on Saturday in midtown Atlanta. Authorities say other firearms were found in his vehicle and in his suburban Atlanta home.

Harris is charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon.

The arrest resulted from an investigation that began this month when a federal firearms dealer contacted the ATF about a man inquiring about buying a machine gun without registering the weapon as required, according to a criminal complaint filed Saturday in U.S. District Court in Atlanta.

After attempting to purchase several machine guns from an undercover ATF agent, the unnamed individual -- who said he had been working as a bodyguard for Harris since July 2007 -- was arrested and began cooperating with the government and said that he was buying the machine guns and silencers for Harris.

Harris allegedly brokered the deals through the bodyguard because he is a convicted felon. It is a violation of federal law for a convicted felon to have another person purchase or acquire firearms on his behalf.

Saturday's arrest came just hours before the BET Hip-Hop Awards. The 27-year-old rapper, who is co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records, won two awards.

The news of T.I. being arrested rippled throughout the event. Rapper KRS-One, who received BET's "I am Hip Hop" Icon Award, learned about the raid just before he showed up.

KRS-One, whose real name is Lawrence Parker, said the fellow rapper's legal woes should not reflect on the industry as a whole.

"I'm saddened anytime I hear of a hip-hopper being locked up or somehow stunted in his life or his growth," he told The Associated Press. "I hope he wasn't into nothing crazy."

Chicago rapper Common, who won the CD of the year award along with T.I., tried to lend his support at the awards show.

"I salute my guy T.I., who also won, wherever he is," said Common, while raising up his trophy. He also won lyricist of the year.

Other artists who were supposed to perform with T.I. still pulled off the performance. As Wyclef Jean stood on stage to enact T.I.'s song, "You Know What It Is," host and comedian Katt Williams pranced across the stage dressed like T.I. trying to impersonate him as the crowd burst into laughter.
    Hm, A felon with multiple un-registered NFA items. That's gonna be some serious trouble for him.

The article is surprisingly neutral for AP.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    He'll walk away scot-free.

Look how many times "snoop dogg" has been arrested as a felon in possession of a firearm - and nothing happens.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

KRS-One, whose real name is Lawrence Parker, said the fellow rapper's legal woes should not reflect on the industry as a whole.
    LOL!!!!!!

GG
    99999999+1

BG
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

good role model for americas' youth!
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

I believe TI was involved in an expressway shootout around here within the last year or so. Maybe he should get away from "the life" and start a new career where he doesnt feel the need to have silenced machine guns and bodyguards around.

Hope they throw the book at him.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyePFC View Post
    I believe TI was involved in an expressway shootout around here within the last year or so. Maybe he should get away from "the life" and start a new career where he doesnt feel the need to have silenced machine guns and bodyguards around.

Hope they throw the book at him.
    Yeah, it was him. It was on I-75 right around Lockland I think. What a dork. He could have anything he wants, and a life of luxery all because he can rip off classic good songs. What an idiot.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links