The Saga Continues, or False start, 5 yard penalty. repeat first down.

This is a discussion on The Saga Continues, or False start, 5 yard penalty. repeat first down. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, for those who have followed my posts regarding my ongoing ordeal, when I last posted, I told you about getting not one, but 2 ...

Thread: The Saga Continues, or False start, 5 yard penalty. repeat first down.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

The Saga Continues, or False start, 5 yard penalty. repeat first down.

Well, for those who have followed my posts regarding my ongoing ordeal, when I last posted, I told you about getting not one, but 2 jobs, after 7 months of unemployment. I've spent one shift at my part time job, training at the local jail. I started my full time job 2 weeks ago. Well, last Wednesday, I got a shock. At the end of the day, the office manager came up to me, and told me that they had decided that I wasn't going to work out. Now, because my licensing has been through the medical board, and I was working for an osteopath, I had to apply for a license through the DO board. Because of this, I wasn't able to actually do anything on my own. I basically was just shadowing the doc. So, I'm left trying to figure out just why they came to this decision. On top of that, I was told that it was nothing that I had done. Geez, that dark cloud doesn't want to leave. But, it's really not a bad thing, because I didn't particularly like the job. In every other job, I've had a place to sit near where the action was, so that I could see when a chart went up, and go see the patient. In this case, my office was quite a bit away from the clinic area, so that wasn't an option, and there wasn't a place for me to sit. Given my arthritis, that made the job a challenge. I was getting through it, but my pin level was high. On a good note, I interviewed today with a company that I was interested in, and I would have interviewed with them even if I were still at the other job. It went very well. I interviewed with the regional manager, who was very impressed, and wants me to interview tomorrow with the director of the clinic where I would be working. So, losing the first job may have been for the best, especially since I was paid through the end of the month.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    A man with a plan who knows deep down inside that he is headed in a good and better direction. That's you. Keep your sunny side up you're getting there.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

One door shuts, another one opens.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

post got stuck and ended up posting twice.
    Last edited by PatrioticRick; October 16th, 2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: posted twice
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Sometimes just gotta say things happen the way they are meant to be. Keep chugging along and will keep fingers crossed for you.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Links