Checking Out for a Couple of Weeks, Any Recommendations or Warnings?

Checking Out for a Couple of Weeks, Any Recommendations or Warnings?

This is a discussion on Checking Out for a Couple of Weeks, Any Recommendations or Warnings? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay folks, I'm officially checking out of the "net" for our trip to Texas (San Antonio) to pick up our new pup. We plan on ...

Thread: Checking Out for a Couple of Weeks, Any Recommendations or Warnings?

Smile Checking Out for a Couple of Weeks, Any Recommendations or Warnings?

Okay folks, I'm officially checking out of the "net" for our trip to Texas (San Antonio) to pick up our new pup. We plan on cutting north while still in Louisiana up to a point near Nacadoches which we plan to check out as a spot to retire and then over to Waco for The Ranger Museum and maybe over to Crawford then down to Blanco for the pup and around those towns: San Marcos, New Braunfels, etc for You Know Who to shop at bead stores (she makes and sells her own jewelry...actually has an incorporated business) and generally indulge her addiction. LOL Maybe this will give me an excuse to visit some gun stores. Anybody having great restaurant advice is encouraged to send me freepmail ASAP (looking especially for steak, barbeque and Mexican).

We're leaving Tuesday, and so I'll be around until then, but I choose to post this now and our general itinerary in the hopes that folks who have knowledge of these areas and what is going on there NOW may be able to give me some important tips about traffic backups due to construction, or local crime waves underway or anti-gun jurisdictions, or locally infamous speedtraps designed to generate revenue (the entire state of Louisiana has a history of this!). Feel free to private mail me with this info if you can. I'll check back in when we get back in mid-July. Prayers for safety would be greatly appreciated, too. And don't worry, I'll be lawfully armed and carrying for the whole trip. I just wanted to explain my absence from posting.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Ex - I am not a religious man but my best of wishes go with you on your travels. Make it a safe trip - watch your six and hope to see you back in ''posting mode'' again mid July.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking

As my former boss used to say to me:

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, but if you do, name it after me!"

if you're traveling across i-10 expect some slow downs in pensacola. they still have some temporary bridge sections across escambia bay. sometimes they're checking them and everybody slows down to take a look. they also have construction at the i-10/i-110 interchange. i advise you to stay real close to the posted limit thru there. the cops are everywhere and they're not very tolerant of speeders.

Have a safe and uneventfull journey, eat great chilli, good beef and be careful driving. Nice part of the country to drive through I would imagine and most important have good coffee in the morning. I just cannot get started without my coffee.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Okay folks, I'm officially checking out of the "net" for our trip to Texas (San Antonio) to pick up our new pup.
    Which Breed?
    _Don_

Administrator

ExSoldier762

HAVE A GOOD SAFE TRIP! ~ Have Fun!
    We'll look forward to your return & your trip report...plus a few pics...of the pup.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    Have a safe and uneventfull journey, eat great chilli, good beef and be careful driving. Nice part of the country to drive through I would imagine and most important have good coffee in the morning. I just cannot get started without my coffee.
    Everything FortyFive said, except make it red chili!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Soldier,

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Watch out for the whackos and the idiots. Here's hoping that you don't come home with anything new for the "Scenarios" section.

Let's see some pix of your new boss when you get home.

SSKC

Links