Round Restaurant Scenario

This is a discussion on Round Restaurant Scenario within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had several weird dreams the other night...despite that...I am glad to be dreaming again after literally years with few.... I was in a restaurant ...

Thread: Round Restaurant Scenario

Round Restaurant Scenario

I had several weird dreams the other night...despite that...I am glad to be dreaming again after literally years with few....

I was in a restaurant and I was dressed in my Sunday best. I don't know about you other guys that attend church...but I still carry my little Kel Tec with me when I am there...but I often leave my spare mag at home. My Kimber is left out in the truck.

Since I was in my 'Sunday Best' at this restaurant...I had my KelTec...but not the spare mag. The restaurant was not brightly lit...but not dark either...it was rather strange that when you came in...there was a hostess...and the seating area was round....with the enclosed kitchen/prep area in the middle of the restaurant like a hub. (and it was also round...picture a donut with the kitchen area being the hole and the donut ring being the seating area)
    The hostess seated me off to the right of her post about at the 1230 position...with the hostess podium being at about 1515 in the overall layout.

At some point, three men enter the restaurant...and for whatever reason I was up from my table an noticed them giving the hostess a difficult time...and immediately my "spidey sense" started tingling....

There were fewer patrons seated in my section than others...so I moved in close to the kitchen wall and drew my KelTec...immediately concerned that I had no extra ammo...as I suspected...the three drew weapons to rob the place...

Since I was outgunned and outmanned...I decided to post a hasty exit. Two of the BGs started in the direction towards my seating area...guns in hand...presumably to begin crowd control. I tried to beat feet the other way (I was sure there was another exit)...knowing that it would just lead me around the circle to their (now apparent) leader who was holding the hostess and manager at gunpoint...but before I could move very far...the BG closest to be began to raise his weapon towards me. Since I knew he could see my gun in my hand...I realized very quickly that he was going to shoot me...so I rapidly took aim and put him down with 3 torso shots...
    I continued to move away...but also became aware that I was not going to gain any cover before his associate could drop me...so 3 more shots and his friend hit the floor too...and I was running around the circle AWAY from the direction they had come...but ultimately TOWARDS BG#1..........with 1 shot left in the KelTec.................

As I rounded the bend...I could see BG#1 was about to grab the hostess and take her hostage. I decided that time was of the essence here...as he was obviously confused as to what could have gone to s()it so quickly...but definitely in control of himself....so I rushed his position...firing my last shot at him as he pushed the hostess down and started to raise his pistol towards me....

I missed!!! ...so I kept running until I slammed into him...he was stocky and shorter than I....but with my weight advantage(?) I knocked him to the floor....his gun sliding away from us both towards the door. I couldn't get to the gun without risking myself further...so I rose immediately and began to run back the way I had come thinking I would "regroup" and come up with plan "B"...but I tripped over a chair or something and before I could rise again...he had retrieved his gun and while I struggled to crawl/roll away while trying to get to my feet I saw him raise it to aim at me again....

Time stood momentarily still....and I decided then and there that I would not die on my knees.

I grabbed what seemed to be a tray and flung it at him...this took him off-guard and gave me the time I need to rise and charge him again...I slammed into him and we both went down...and in the end...it seems I saved the day...although my memory of specifics becomes a bit fuzzy here...I think I awoke just as this was happening....

I took special care to replay this dream...because I WANTED to remember it...it seemed to be an excellent tactical analysis case....and the detail up until the end was amazing...and incredibly realistic...if not a little too "movie-ish"...

What would you do differently?

Me? Carry the spare mag from now on...

How about you?
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol and Basic Rifle Instructor
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

US Concealed Carry Magazine

2. Remove Ads

conserve ammo. although, in real life I think the remaining bad guys would run once you gunned down one them.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

carry a knife as a back up - then you can stick 'em when you run out of ammo

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    The BGs have weapons, why not resupply as you go?
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Regardless of my dress find away to carry more than 7 rounds. Or better shot placement. 1 to the head beats three to the chest.
    CCWINNC

HK P2000 .40SW
    Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
    XD 9 Service
    XD 9 SC
    Taurus 651 .357 mag

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    Works in the movies, even though most BG's have no idea about guns, how they work, how to maintain, and have junk for guns, on the other hand most of the pictures of "police seized weapons" do show some occasional nice weapons.

Many years ago (in my 20''s) I knew this real punk POS and he was bragging on he had his piece, and showed it to me. I asked to make a closer inspection, it was a .380 barrel full of lint, slide rusted closed, mag stuck in gun likely do to more rust, I handed it back to him with a smile, He sure was proud of that gun.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Great Point. The entire time I was reading the story and trying to analyze, I never considered this.

That's why I like threads like this. You learn pointers and other POV's.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

You're a hero!

Extra mag is a good idea. Back up gun, or just a bigger gun would have done it too... but I think you did fine.

Austin

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Extra magazine is always a good idea. Even when you don't need the rounds, the right malfunction can ruin your day without it.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Actually...that occurred to me...but I left it out in the retelling here...

If I had went for the gun of either of the BGs I nailed...I would have been exposed to BG#1.

Good insights and suggestions guys...though I don't know of a restaurant laid out like this IRL...it is still beneficial to think through scenarios...and this one came from such (for me anyway) a strange place (a dream for goodness sakes!)....I don't normally have dreams with this much detail...or that seem to have any practical reality to them...but it was a weird night for dreams anyway....

In retrospect..I have to agree with the assertion that I should have beat the snot out of BG#1 the first time I had him down...all I can remember thinking is that I really didn't want to be involved in the first place....but then I was anyway...wasn't I???
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

You don't say which KelTec, but 3 .380 or .32 rounds to the torso may not show any immediate effects. That is why they call them doctor's guns, go for eyes, ears, nose, or throat. Two to an eye socket may or may not kill him but it will certainly mess up his afternoon. Same for bad guy #2, then I would continue to move forward, telling bad guy #3 to drop his weapon. Violence of action and a command voice will often paralyze your opponent. By shooting two rounds to a softer, more incapacitating target on each of the first two bad guys, you now have 3 rounds left for contestant number three. If he has hostages, then you will not have much of a target. Move fast, strike hard, finish rapidly!

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

ExSniper...I carry the .380.

Links