Who'd take Blackwaters place?

This is a discussion on Who'd take Blackwaters place? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What other company('s) would be able to qualify and take Blackwaters place in Iraq?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who'd take Blackwaters place?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

What other company('s) would be able to qualify and take Blackwaters place in Iraq?
    For God, Family and Country!

is this a trick question
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

BlackIce - - Same company, different owners, same employees with a new name to appease the public, Iraq, and shut the democrats up.

So I wonder who was protecting the democrats when they went to Iraq after pulling off the sweep during the last election???? I'll bet the name of the firm can be found within this thread.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I guess we'll have to send the Army...... oh wait.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    I belive their is another company called 9thcorp or something

VIP Member
    There are other companies, but none with the ability to fully take over for BW right now. Triple Canopy and DynCorp - the two other major DoS contractors - will most likely end up absorbing much of BWs contract (and personnel) if and when BW gets the boot. In the meantime, BW will probably re-tool, re-arm, re-fit, re-name, and be back in business as soon as they can.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    OPFOR,
    However the media has been discussing that two other big contractors are going to be loosing there contracts. I've met some of the TC instructor cadre and they are top notch people, hope they stay. Glad their on our side. Don't know to much about DynoCorp. Also, dosn't MVM have oversea contracts similar to the size of Dynocorp?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    As far as I know, they don't work much for DoS... I am a bit out of the loop these days, though, and things may have changed. If they boot all of the big three, we're in trouble for quite a while until other companies can ramp up...and we'll still end up with many of the same bodies in-country. There are a finite number of folks willing and able to do these jobs, and they've been running them hard for more than 5 years now. Interesting times, to be sure.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The US armed forces could do it better if they had enough people. The choices are clear, - get out, reinstate the draft, or use a mercenary force like Blackwater. Since we don't have the stomach for the first two, Blackwater has the nod....

VIP Member
    Hmmm, I don't know if I'd want draftees on my details...

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    The US armed forces could do it better if they had enough people. The choices are clear, - get out, reinstate the draft, or use a mercenary force like Blackwater. Since we don't have the stomach for the first two, Blackwater has the nod....
    You do realize that civilian contractors do all sorts of intelligence and technical work for the US govt, right?

You can get paid say $50,000/ yr doing the job as a Soldier, or work for BW and get paid $200,000. Same job, same country... better pay. What do you expect?

With regard to "intestinal fortitude", guts is what is required to stay the course and win the war. Cowardice is required to advocate running away.

As for the draft, I'd like to see you babysit a bunch of non-volunteer Soldiers in a combat zone. We have enough problems with the ones who DID volunteer. What are you going to do as a supervisor to a conscript that's worse than being killed? Answer: nothing. So, how do you motivate your conscript troops to actually perform their mission? Answer: You don't... and if you try too hard a grenade rolls into your tent.

libertarian: It's not very libertarian to call for a bigger standing military... and for the rest of your comments, you've never served a day, have you?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"As for the draft, I'd like to see you babysit a bunch of non-volunteer Soldiers in a combat zone."

It worked very well during WWII. Over 10 million of the 16 million troops who served during that war were draftees and they did a bang up job of winning the war.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Our nation is a lot different now than it was back then. We have enough trouble getting the volunteers to show up.

The military is designed for war fighting. We're not here to be diplomat security or police. The reason we use contractors is because the job doesn't have to be done by soldiers, and it's more economical (Yes I know contractors get paid a ton more, but maintaining a soldier is very expensive).

The military is not (nor should they be) as well equipped or trained as Blackwater to do that job. They're plenty busy doing their job.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    It worked very well during WWII. Over 10 million of the 16 million troops who served during that war were draftees and they did a bang up job of winning the war.
    Have you worn a US uniform in the last 10 years? I suspect not.

Different war, different culture. In WWII the draft was more a mechanism use to govern the call up of men rather than a mechanism to compel service from the unwilling. More people of that generation were willing to sacrifice for their nation. Also military leaders had more authority and discretion to deal with troublemakers than they do now. The IG and JAG command units today, not the officers and NCOs of the units.

Today's culture, the culture new Soldiers are drawn from, is more like the 1960's than the 1940's.

Trust me, we can barely get troops to do what we need them to do now. Conscripts would be a nightmare.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

State Department would just have to increase their number of Diplomatic Security Agents (hopefully*).

*I think thats what I am going to try to do when I graduate college. :) :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links