Shooting Detroit

This is a discussion on Shooting Detroit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; not a success story but a rather sad one http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303205,00.html DETROIT — Two adults and two children were found shot to death in a home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Detroit

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Shooting Detroit

not a success story but a rather sad one http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303205,00.html

DETROIT — Two adults and two children were found shot to death in a home on the city's west side, police said Thursday.

The bodies of a man and woman were found in one room and the bodies of a boy and girl were found in another, Detroit Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said.

The unidentified victims were all shot while they were asleep, Bully-Cummings said.

Police received the call at 3:25 a.m. Thursday, the chief said. Officers found no signs of forced entry, and the doors and windows reinforced with two-by-fours and multiple locks, the chief said.

Police in the past have responded to shots fired and narcotics complaints at the house, Bully-Cummings said.

Police believe the shooter fled in the male victim's vehicle. A gun was not found at the scene, but Bully-Cummings said the casings reveal a high-powered weapon was used.

No arrests had been made, and Bully-Cummings urged potential witnesses to come forward.

"I'm tired of seeing our children die," she said. "We as adults have a responsibility to our children to allow them to grow up as adults in a safe environment, and we're failing them."
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Very sad.

It will be interesting to see what "high powered" means to Chief Ella.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

im sick of this crap. Thats all thats on the news here... "Entire Family Exicuted" Its ALL drug related. The only type of gangs Detroit has are drug gangs and they all come to the suburbs to loot and steal. They have been stealing the copper out of the residential central air units. Some crackhead was stupid enough to take a pair of bolt cutters to a copper POWER line and try to "scrap" it. it made the news.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    Some crackhead was stupid enough to take a pair of bolt cutters to a copper POWER line and try to "scrap" it. it made the news.
    So the Crackhead became a Cracked head? Sorry I just had to say it... But right along with LA, Detroit has become the armpit of America and continues to be a drain on the rest of the states resources.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Naw, the crackhead finally got a job as a "conductor"
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Administrator
    Risking going way off topic, a lot of our major cities are heading this direction. If you look at the leaders that are put in place in our big cities, I'm not suprised at all.
    Your right, 99.9% of all this is drug related.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Risking going way off topic, a lot of our major cities are heading this direction. If you look at the leaders that are put in place in our big cities, I'm not suprised at all.
    Your right, 99.9% of all this is drug related.
    It was this way when I lived in Downtown Detroit 25 years ago. Nothing has changed.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    It was this way when I lived in Downtown Detroit 25 years ago. Nothing has changed.
    And all their doin now is laying off officers.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Administrator
    What is/has changed is that other cities have not learned from Detriots mistakes. They follow the same paths as Detriot, D.C. and others have. Then they scratch their heads and wonder why the city has has gone to hell.
    Here in Cincinnati is a perfect example.
    "Just blame Sixto"

About 10 years ago there was no gang activity in our city and a couple moved here to get their teen age son away from the gangs in California into a safe gang free environment. What happened was the found a bevy of willing and able followers just waiting for a leader to teach them the way of the gangs.

We now have the second highest gang activity in the state. The young man who tried to escape the gangs of California was shot and killed in a gang shooting and his parents are now back in California. Ironic but true story and I am not blaming him for all the gangs in the city but he was a good start.

25 years?...try 39 years ago...remember '68, riots? Mmmmmm very civilized bunch live in that 'Motor City' turf...what a corrupt bunch!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    25 years?...try 39 years ago...remember '68, riots? Mmmmmm very civilized bunch live in that 'Motor City' turf...what a corrupt bunch!
    1967 was the big riot year. After that, and after forced school bussing, all of the white folks left town. 23 years of Coleman Young as mayor destroyed what was left. Now, the city is 80% plus black, and the rest mostly Mexican and Arabic. The property tax rate is one of the highest in the country, mainly because property values are the lowest. I don't go there anymore.....
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    1967 was the big riot year. After that, and after forced school bussing, all of the white folks left town. 23 years of Coleman Young as mayor destroyed what was left. Now, the city is 80% plus black, and the rest mostly Mexican and Arabic. The property tax rate is one of the highest in the country, mainly because property values are the lowest. I don't go there anymore.....
    Ah yes Detroit the other arm pit of America (LA is no1). When the riots occurred they were allowed to run unchecked for an extended period before any action was taken. The result was they burned a part of the city, just maybe since they let it go that far they should have just waited a bit longer and let them burn it all. Then we could have done a "Escape from NY" on the area and just fenced it off.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I would classify "high powered weapon" as a rifle in 7.62x51mm or larger. I suspect this will end up being a 9mm.

It is sad to see so many cities getting worse as the years go by - no one learns from their experiences, everyone wants to create a utopia.

Austin

you know, I moved from belleville, MI ( about 25 miles SW of detroit) a year ago and now looking back......best move I ever made, I just feel sorry for the couple of good people in MI who have to put up with Grahmcrackers BS....oops almost forgot she was a lib.........and to think she wants to go to washington. Oh God!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links