Gun & Ammo Prices: I won't complain too much anymore

This is a discussion on Gun & Ammo Prices: I won't complain too much anymore within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From the Washington Post HEBRON, West Bank (Reuters) - Two years ago, an M16 automatic rifle could fetch $5,400 or more in the Palestinian West ...

Thread: Gun & Ammo Prices: I won't complain too much anymore

VIP Member

Cool Gun & Ammo Prices: I won't complain too much anymore

From the Washington Post

HEBRON, West Bank (Reuters) - Two years ago, an M16 automatic rifle could fetch $5,400 or more in the Palestinian West Bank. Now buyers at Hebron's clandestine gun market are asked to pay more than double.

Four months after Islamist Hamas routed secular Fatah in the Gaza Strip, fears that clashes between the Palestinian rivals could erupt in the West Bank and uncertainty ahead of a U.S.-led peace conference are fuelling a scramble for guns.

Dealers at the gun market in Hebron, the West Bank's most populous city, say weapons sales have jumped by up to 70 percent since Hamas took control of Gaza, while buoyant demand and supply bottlenecks due to tighter security have inflated prices.

In the northern West Bank city of Jenin, every bullet for an AK-47 rifle costs 35 Israeli shekels, or more than $8. In Hamas-controlled Gaza, an AK-47 bullet goes for 4-6 Israeli shekels, $1-1.50.

Militants from both Hamas and Fatah, and the powerful family clans who are often called in to deal with West Bank crime or land disputes, are driving the market, according to gun dealers and senior Palestinian security sources.

But ordinary West Bankers, too, are taking no risks.

"I don't feel safe anymore," said 28-year-old Abo Abdo, who sold his car this month to buy a rifle to protect his wife and two children. "Everyone is buying guns."
    So I have like $ 35,000 gathering dust in a closet!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

HOLY COW! No longer shall I complain of the price of .45ACP.... Good grief. 8$ per round! Man I've got THOUSANDS of dollars worth of Ammo here. Do they accept second hand imports? I'm sittin on a gold mine.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    See - by invading Iraq, we've diverted the flow of arms and ammunition for all kinds of weapons, thereby driving up the prices and bolstering economies all over the world. Or, in plainer terms, get it while you can.
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

I don't know, I'd take a full-auto M16 for $5400. Heck, I'd take it for twice that! They're going for $25K in the US.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

No kidding rodc13. My 10mm MP5 cost me a fortune, more than an M16 goes for. Of course my issued MGs are $1500ea.

Just imagine what would happen to the market if they took the restrictions off Class III sales? There's a lot of collectors with a vested interest in restrictions!
    Cheers,
    Rod

A lot of us would be ticked.

Of course, the likelihood of THAT happening is pretty remote! I just wish I'd bought that Sten gun back in '96 for $900 . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod

Links