I'm a Petty Man? - Page 2

I'm a Petty Man?

This is a discussion on I'm a Petty Man? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes you are petty, and that is why we like you. I wouldn't be able to do it. I would end up baiting her the ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree434Likes

Thread: I'm a Petty Man?

Distinguished Member Array Struckat's Avatar
    Yes you are petty, and that is why we like you.

I wouldn't be able to do it. I would end up baiting her the first day into discussions that wouldn't end well.

Remember, keep the wife happy
    drift likes this.

Distinguished Member Array paulinsf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    So my wife's best friend is in town. She flew in from New Zealand. I hate this woman. She HATES guns and American culture. She's a baby doctor who has lived all over the world, but holds America in contempt because of child mortality rates in this country. Anyway, I'm heading home tomorrow myself, and will have to suffer for a week and a half while she's here under my roof. She would be completely freaked if she knew I was packing... and I mean freaked. As in, off to a hotel freaked. Matter a fact, my wife and I have figured out a way to get her out of the house so I can move my rifles back in from the car.

I figure for my wifes sake I'm not going to say anything... except on the last day. Just before we get in the car to drive her to the airport, I'm going to put my little car safe in my wifes car (we'll use her car so we can all fit), whip out my G26 right in front of her and lock it up complaining the whole while how disappointed I am that I can't carry at the airport where all the terrorists are (I don't feel that way - but it'll add to the effect lol)!

If I have to stay home while the wife drives her to the airport - so be it.

Am I petty? I really hate this woman.
    Get your cell phone out and video tape her reaction for us.
    drift, kukla, montejames and 2 others like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    - Thomas Jefferson

mkh
    Time to get your wife some new friends.

Keep us post as to how this works out.
    drift likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NewSam View Post
    OK, how about this?

Should she start ranting about America and the gun culture tell her that America is your home and you love America and it's culture.

Also, say if you traveled and visited her country you would consider ranting and disparaging her country and culture to be ignorant, provocative and exceedingly rude.

Let her chew on that for awhile.
    I can't run down her country. A. I kind of like New Zealand! And B. She's never really lived anywhere for long. She's not from New Zealand. She's like a freaking spy. I think she's got 4 freaking passports! I'm quite sure she worked for doctors without borders for years. So I kind of empathize, being she's probably seen what guns do to people more than everyone on this forum combined - and yes I know we've got some guys that have seen action. But I still hate her.

Either way, she knows not to run down America anymore. Last visit, she was ranting and ranting, so I finally asked my wife privately if she was ok if I crushed her. She gave me the green light.

When the inevitable rant took place, I told her to shut the ... up and stop. Her response was, "You can't handle it because you know it's true." I retorted with, "No. It's not that. What bothers me is that you're the god-mother of two Yank kids, and all your ******** rants gives me serious pause as to if that should be the case considering this is their home!"

She never spoke to me about American culture again - She's smart, she will not try again on this visit lol.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I would tell the wife's BFF she is welcome in my house under my rules--or not. Her choice. I don't need no stinkin' visitor telling me how wrong I am. That's the wife's job.
    drift, Welder516, Havok and 5 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by paulinsf View Post
    Get your cell phone out and video tape her reaction for us.
    You'd be impressed! Last visit she and I went to head into the basement where I had my Red Rider BB gun was hanging off the wall. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head and she looked like she was going to hit the floor. This woman hates guns! Like I said, she probably gets that honestly, but arg... she bugs me. I'm petty! I'm looking forward to it. Out of respect of my wife, I will not record it... but what a great idea!! I could watch it over and over just for my own pleasure LOL.
    paulinsf and ShooterGranny like this.

Distinguished Member Array craze's Avatar
    I'm petty too.............I don't know her and I hate her already.
    drift, Havok, strider43 and 2 others like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Tom Petty or Richard Petty?
    drift and Havok like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Tom Petty or Richard Petty?
    Tough call. Tom! For sure Tom - free fallin

VIP Member
    Why the heck are you waiting until the last day???
    drift and Havok like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array craze's Avatar
    First day at my house I'd make her feel right at home by sitting in the living room in my boxers and cowboy boots watching hickok45 while eating Cheetos and rubbing my beer gut........Murica!
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    I'm all for being understanding, but if you hate my country and my culture you can just get the hell out and go back to your own. God bless her for helping children, but my house, my life, my rules.
    drift, Havok, mr.stuart and 1 others like this.

Ohhhh! I misread your thread title. I mistook it as, "Am I a Pretty Man?".

Remind your pesky, arrogant, high-nosed guest that;

New Zealand initiated the original Civilian Protest Bombings. (April 30th, 1951)

The Greenpeace vessel "Rainbow Warrior" was bombed & sunk in an Auckland, NZ port. (July 10th, 1985)

AND has the highest, per capita pot-usage of any nation in the world, while still being held as "illegal".

There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Moderator
    Just smile at her knowingly, recognizing she's just a descendent of English cast-offs and criminals.
    msgt/ret, Dave909, drift and 3 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

idk... I have a hard time hiding under my own roof... not that I haven't done it in a 'discretion is the greater part of valor' way but it does really bug me... just show her your brand new Trump tattoo across your chest... or ask, "hey wanna help me reload some mags?" Or maybe, "so which do you think creates the bigger wound channel? .45 or 9mm?"

or just grin and bear it and use it against your wife next time you want to do guy stuff.
    drift likes this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need it and don't have it, you'll never need it again.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links