I'm a Petty Man? - Page 6

I'm a Petty Man?

This is a discussion on I'm a Petty Man? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HotGuns It is for certain. It might be more fun if it was more of a challenge. It's usually ridiculously easy....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree434Likes

Thread: I'm a Petty Man?

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It is for certain.

It might be more fun if it was more of a challenge. It's usually ridiculously easy.
    Name:  image.gif
Views: 103
Size:  1.42 MB
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    I would never allow anyone to stay in my home who hate America and American culture. We have our issues (like any other nation), but love it I do. If someone is anti-American, they need to find someplace else to stay for their visit and I would make that known. I fly the American flag. If you don't like that then kick rocks!
    drift, Okeechobee and PhaedrusIV like this.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

It's probably too late now but wouldn't it actually be on your wife to explain to her that" You just need to know that, if you're staying at our house, there are guns there, and depending on where my husband goes, he might be legally carrying concealed. If that's going to be a problem we will be happy to arrange for nice accommodations nearby". No one has the right to come to someone else's house and demand that things in that house be removed before their arrival. I think that's pretty much unacceptable behavior almost everywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    My wife's entire family is extremely anti. We visit them several times a year, and stay in their home. Every year or two, they come this way and stay with us. My choices have always been to leave my guns in my holsters and my mouth shut, or antagonize them into mindless gibberish by starting the argument that none of us will ever win. I opt for the former. We visit, they visit, everybody has a nice time, and none of them ever have any idea of my armed status.
    maxwell97, drift, Havok and 7 others like this.
    "I'm set up to play a game right now. However, I doubt most people would want to get into a gun fight with me."

Rob Leatham

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My wife's entire family is extremely anti. We visit them several times a year, and stay in their home. Every year or two, they come this way and stay with us. My choices have always been to leave my guns in my holsters and my mouth shut, or antagonize them into mindless gibberish by starting the argument that none of us will ever win. I opt for the former. We visit, they visit, everybody has a nice time, and none of them ever have any idea of my armed status.
    Think of the fun you're missing...
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Think of the fun you're missing...
    I dont think I would go out of my way to cause trouble with my wifes family. Its not worth the trouble it would cause with the wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I dont think I would go out of my way to cause trouble with my wifes family. Its not worth the trouble it would cause with the wife.
    I don't have to go out of the way to cause trouble with my wife's family; all I have to do is keep breathing.
    Havok, maxwell97, OldChap and 5 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't have to go out of the way to cause trouble with my wife's family; all I have to do is keep breathing.
    haha. SOunds like something my dad would say.
    drift likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    That's funny!

I'm so torn! I normally live vicariously through you guys, and all your awesome guns and now... and now you want to live vicariously through me via a woman who drives me bonkers but is actually quite good looking having a melt down over a gun. FrigML! I'm so torn - I want to give back! I really do!
    You're smarter than you look, good buddy. (muffled snickering)

Is this the greatest thread of 2017, or what? I think it is!

Someone PM'd me that they thought this was a great group. I think we should take it on the road and do a Second City revival tour of the 'gun belt' states.
    drift likes this.
    That is My Tactical Girl Friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Wise words. My mother-in-law once baked me a Black Pepper Cake for my birthday. I can't imagine what those little black specs would have been if I'd angered her.

Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    So my wife's best friend is in town. She flew in from New Zealand. I hate this woman. She HATES guns and American culture. She's a baby doctor who has lived all over the world, but holds America in contempt because of child mortality rates in this country. Anyway, I'm heading home tomorrow myself, and will have to suffer for a week and a half while she's here under my roof. She would be completely freaked if she knew I was packing... and I mean freaked. As in, off to a hotel freaked. Matter a fact, my wife and I have figured out a way to get her out of the house so I can move my rifles back in from the car.

I figure for my wifes sake I'm not going to say anything... except on the last day. Just before we get in the car to drive her to the airport, I'm going to put my little car safe in my wifes car (we'll use her car so we can all fit), whip out my G26 right in front of her and lock it up complaining the whole while how disappointed I am that I can't carry at the airport where all the terrorists are (I don't feel that way - but it'll add to the effect lol)!

If I have to stay home while the wife drives her to the airport - so be it.

Am I petty? I really hate this woman.
    1. You are not petty. She is under your roof. She can live by your rules or go elsewhere.
    2. Opinions are like backsides. Everyone has one and they all stink. Her opinion has a foulness to us like our opinion has a foulness to her. Fortunately for us, her opinion doesn't have to matter to us.
    3. Why would you hide your daily routine? Are you trying to protect her feelings? Why?
    4. There is no need to hate her. Hate is empowering to her and detracting from you. The opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy. The best thing you can do is treat her as a case of mind over matter. You should not mind because she does not matter.
    drift and Okeechobee like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I forgot to post this earlier but this vile human being that comes to YOUR country and YOUR home would not like my wife either. MY wife has been carrying a Colt Cobra for a little over 30 years. She shoots it well too.
    I all honesty, I would have to tell this vile human from NZ to stay in a hotel and get a cab back and forth to the airport. My dear wife would probably feel the same.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Okeechobee View Post
    I forgot to post this earlier but this vile human being that comes to YOUR country and YOUR home would not like my wife either. MY wife has been carrying a Colt Cobra for a little over 30 years. She shoots it well too.
    I all honesty, I would have to tell this vile human from NZ to stay in a hotel and get a cab back and forth to the airport. My dear wife would probably feel the same.
    Tell us what you really think.
    Okeechobee, OD*, Havok and 1 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okeechobee View Post
    Didn't your read the earlier post from Drift? The chick is HOT.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Didn't your read the earlier post from Drift? The chick is HOT.
    I have been known to cut off my nose to spite my face BUT MY wife is too.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links