I'm a Petty Man?

I'm a Petty Man?

This is a discussion on I'm a Petty Man? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So my wife's best friend is in town. She flew in from New Zealand. I hate this woman. She HATES guns and American culture. She's ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree434Likes

Thread: I'm a Petty Man?

I'm a Petty Man?

So my wife's best friend is in town. She flew in from New Zealand. I hate this woman. She HATES guns and American culture. She's a baby doctor who has lived all over the world, but holds America in contempt because of child mortality rates in this country. Anyway, I'm heading home tomorrow myself, and will have to suffer for a week and a half while she's here under my roof. She would be completely freaked if she knew I was packing... and I mean freaked. As in, off to a hotel freaked. Matter a fact, my wife and I have figured out a way to get her out of the house so I can move my rifles back in from the car.

I figure for my wifes sake I'm not going to say anything... except on the last day. Just before we get in the car to drive her to the airport, I'm going to put my little car safe in my wifes car (we'll use her car so we can all fit), whip out my G26 right in front of her and lock it up complaining the whole while how disappointed I am that I can't carry at the airport where all the terrorists are (I don't feel that way - but it'll add to the effect lol)!

If I have to stay home while the wife drives her to the airport - so be it.

Am I petty? I really hate this woman.

Senior Member Array Libertywheel's Avatar
    Sounds like you are a noble husband willing to sacrifice a bit for the sake of his wife and his wife's' friend. All the while providing the protection a husband should for his family. Now for the last part...if your wife is up for it...go for it!
    drift likes this.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Hey, at least your willing to accommodate her during the visit which is much more than I would do so maybe I am more petty than you? The only thing I will change when someone visits is if they have kids than I lock everything except my EDC up tight.
    drift, rocky, Ianthin and 3 others like this.
    "I do not carry a gun so I can impose my will on someone else, I carry a gun so someone else cannot impose their will on me."
    Lynn Givens

Start with that on the ride home from the airport, then as you said "off to a hotel"!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Start with that on the ride home from the airport, then as you said "off to a hotel"!
    Can I give that one about 50 likes?
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Yeah, there is no way I would be keeping all of my guns in my car for a week because some anti gun person was staying at my house. If I have friends over who have little kids or something, then I will adjust accordingly, but Im not going out of my way for someone just because they dont like my life style, and even worse, have an issue with America.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Lol - it's too late for that. She's already there. I'm at my second residence.

FYI - she's got a kid. I'll lock up everything tight, but I'm not giving up my edc. Nope. Gock+Drift = Oneness. Yup.

No your not imop ..Just be as nice as you can and civile and hope it ends so

Ps my I suggest you show her the website for guncity ..NZ bigtiest gun store ...Esp the silenced MAK90 AK "hunting rifle they sell...If she goes on about guns ...Just tell her you in NZ have nice guns too lol
    msgt/ret, drift and hotShot like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

OK, how about this?

Should she start ranting about America and the gun culture tell her that America is your home and you love America and it's culture.

Also, say if you traveled and visited her country you would consider ranting and disparaging her country and culture to be ignorant, provocative and exceedingly rude.

Let her chew on that for awhile.
    drift, Mardet65, bsms2 and 7 others like this.

Screw it! I would open carry from the get go lol. It's your house and she is a guest. That should teach her. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Havok, drift, mkh and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Can I give that one about 50 likes?
    I will accept that!
    drift and ShooterGranny like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    Lol - it's too late for that. She's already there. I'm at my second residence.
    Stay put, have the wife join you, send the old crow a bill when she leaves!
    drift likes this.
    BigJon

I would really piss her off as I have firearms hanging on my walls.
    drift, TSKnight and dangerranger like this.
    "I do not carry a gun so I can impose my will on someone else, I carry a gun so someone else cannot impose their will on me."
    Lynn Givens

Kill her with kindness and offer to take her child to the range.

And without the U.S. "culture", she'd be speaking German or Japanese.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links