Singer Chris Cornell Has Died - Page 2

Singer Chris Cornell Has Died

This is a discussion on Singer Chris Cornell Has Died within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy He was a very gifted vocalist. I put him in the same conversation with Robert Plant and Roger Daltry. Sad....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Singer Chris Cornell Has Died

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    He was a very gifted vocalist.
    I put him in the same conversation with Robert Plant and Roger Daltry. Sad.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

R.I.P.

Dave909 and Betty like this.

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    I put him in the same conversation with Robert Plant and Roger Daltry. Sad.
    That's a hell of a statement, but if there's any of the Grunge era guys that can hang with those two, it's Chris and Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzleblast View Post
    R.I.P.

That's the best song they ever did IMHO.
    muzzleblast and WebleyHunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    That's a hell of a statement, but if there's any of the Grunge era guys that can hang with those two, it's Chris and Eddie.
    I'm not a fan of either Vedder or Cobain, and would prefer Soundgarden and Alice in Chains any day, but I'll admit they were talented and innovative.

Vedder's actually my least favorite of the bunch, but I guess he wins. Self-destructive celebrities are a constant, but hopefully we won't see another genre that's so entirely self-destructive.
    WebleyHunter likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

As an update, it looks like the guy hung himself. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'm not a fan of either Vedder or Cobain, and would prefer Soundgarden and Alice in Chains any day, but I'll admit they were talented and innovative.

Vedder's actually my least favorite of the bunch, but I guess he wins. Self-destructive celebrities are a constant, but hopefully we won't see another genre that's so entirely self-destructive.
    You mean hip-hop and pop music? The young up and coming rap guys are dying almost every other day it seems, and the pop stars are having mental break downs. I like Eddie much less than I used to, but back then he wasn't just another know it all celeb voicing uneducated opinions about politics, which seems to be the in thing now (I know, they did it back in the 60s, but that was more war related than anything). I pretty much put STP and Alice in Chains in front of Pearl Jam and Nirvana (who basically was that eras' Beatles, in that they brought the sound to the mainstream, but 98% of their music sucked).

My knowledge of contemporary music (grunge?) has failed me again.
    muzzleblast likes this.
    NRA Patriot Life Member

VIP Member
    That's a shame, I loved his music in high school.

muzzleblast and Dave909 like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array WebleyHunter's Avatar
    My condolences to his family. My coming of age coincided directly with grunge and the 90’s rock scene.

Soundgarden was scheduled to perform here on Monday. Typically, I would have gotten tickets to such an iconic show, but was unaware of this specific event.

Unfortunately, the personal demons that often serve as the creative forces for these musicians can never fully suppressed- RIP Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now Cornell.
    maxwell97 and craze like this.

There is only a few left:

Mark Lanegan from the Screaming Trees
    Mark Arm from Mudhoney
    Eddie Vedder from Pear Jam
    Tad Doyle from Tad

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    My condolences to his family. My coming of age coincided directly with grunge and the 90’s rock scene.

Soundgarden was scheduled to perform here on Monday. Typically, I would have gotten tickets to such an iconic show, but was unaware of this specific event.

Unfortunately, the personal demons that often serve as the creative forces for these musicians can never fully suppressed- RIP Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now Cornell.
    That's true. With Cobain though, I think (I can't know) that the fame and she who shall not be named were both just too much for him.

VIP Member
    I lived in Seattle in the 90's during the rise of Soundgarden, Nirvana, et al. Cornell's voice was memorable. Great singer.

It's too bad some of the most talented people are sometimes the most haunted. Hope his wife and children get through this as best they can.
    maxwell97 and WebleyHunter like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

I liked him as a singer but what a way to wimp out on your wife and kids.
    Doogie likes this.
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

I'm against suicide (though there were times in my life it was awful tempting), but I can't call anyone a wimp if I'm not inside their head and walking in their shoes. We're not all built mentally like brick outhouses. Though I do agree with one thing, what a crappy way to leave your family, at least the kids. Who knows what the wife was like behind closed doors.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links