Singer Chris Cornell Has Died - Page 3

Singer Chris Cornell Has Died

This is a discussion on Singer Chris Cornell Has Died within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Never heard of him till he died....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Singer Chris Cornell Has Died

Never heard of him till he died.
    OldVet likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
    Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
    Amen

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Never heard of him till he died.
    Bad, Bob.

Sent from my subspace communicator
    Dave909 likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Bad, Bob.

Now now, he may have been too busy during the era to pay attention to the latest and greatest, lol.

VIP Member
    I listen to something by Cornell (eg Soundgarden, Audioslave, solo works) at least five times a week. To be honest I'm pretty crestfallen today. He was an incredibly talented artist and by all accounts a kind and generous dude. He will be sorely missed by many.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Bad, Bob.

More in to Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Uriah Heep, Gerry Rafferty, AC-DC. Not really into grunge rock, but I did listen to Nirvana.
    Doghandler likes this.

Amen

Ok. so I looked him up... I have heard him before, that's too bad he was good.
    maxwell97 and Doghandler like this.

Amen

The guy hung himself.....what a loser. Like my Dad used to say: "Why would you ever kill yourself when you can kill Nazis?" Of course I did try to explain to him that his logic was from half a century ago.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    The guy hung himself.....what a loser. Like my Dad used to say: "Why would you ever kill yourself when you can kill Nazis?" Of course I did try to explain to him that his logic was from half a century ago.
    Philanthropist Chris Cornell spent millions helping innocent children around the world - and visited a refugee camp just weeks before death - Mirror Online

Yeah, total loser.
    Nakyak and Phaedrus like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Every time I hear of a great, sensitive, thoughtful talent committing suicide. I'm reminded of a lyric from Don McLean's song "Vincent".

"This world was never meant for one as beautiful...as you"

Rest in Peace Chris. See ya' on the other side.
    craze and Phaedrus like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array Libertywheel's Avatar
    We enjoyed Soundgarden in their heyday here in the PNW. Hoping the family leans in to one another during this difficult time.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

The guy just saddled his family with pain, anguish and guilt for the rest of their lives.......yeah...he's a loser.
    luckydog likes this.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

The guy just saddled his family with pain, anguish and guilt for the rest of their lives...
    Well Doogie, there's a LOT of folks who do those same things to their family by...remaining alive. So whom, in your opinion, is the biggest "Loser"?
    Doogie, Phaedrus, craze and 1 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The guy just saddled his family with pain, anguish and guilt for the rest of their lives.......yeah...he's a loser.
    Easy to say, but unless you've been him and know exactly what he's suffered, you have no business saying it. There isn't a person alive who couldn't be driven to suicide by some circumstances, no matter how tough they might think there are or how much they care about their families. It's likely that he silently suffered from some psychological disorder, and for people who haven't (or haven't spent a lot of time with those who have), it's very difficult to imagine the hell it can be.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

While I've never been so angry as to contemplate suicide. I HAVE been angry enough to consider...homicide.

Distinguished Member Array craze's Avatar
    As far as Cornells worth as a person, I just boil it down to simple terms even I can understand. What ever his issues were in his personal life, he made music that I enjoyed from my teens into my early 40s. So for me personally his existence had at least that much value. Is he someone I would have wanted to hang out with or have a beer with? I think probably but I don't know.

I think folks who's demons drive them to suicide have a warped view of reality and probably think their loved ones are better off without them. I don't know as my mind has never been to that place. On it's surface suicide does seem to be a very selfish act.

I do know someone I used to ride motorcycles with who's son committed suicide about a month ago with no apparent warning anything was wrong. We're not good friends or anything just rode with the same group of folks. I simply offered my sympathy and left out the part about his son being a looser.
    ghost tracker and maxwell97 like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links