Not a Citizen Success; but the guys were caught

This is a discussion on Not a Citizen Success; but the guys were caught within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in my home town yesterday morning. I do not personally know these people, but things like this are becoming more frequent in our ...

Thread: Not a Citizen Success; but the guys were caught

This happened in my home town yesterday morning. I do not personally know these people, but things like this are becoming more frequent in our small town. It is disturbing. Here the link.
    http://www.moultrieobserver.com/loca...296213031.html

Employees charged in slaying

John Oxford

MOULTRIE — Police charged two men Tuesday with shooting the husband and wife who employed them.

Karen Marie Moore, 46, of 612 Coventry Circle, died from the wounds she received during the home invasion robbery early Tuesday morning, Moultrie police said. Her husband James Moore, 51, was shot three or four times and was taken to Colquitt Regional Medical Center with possible entry, exit and re-entry wounds. He was listed in serious but stable condition, police said.

Moultrie police investigator Sgt. Alfonzo Cook said two people, armed with a pistol and a baseball bat, entered the house about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. They demanded money from the Moores, who recently had returned home from the Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival in Niceville, Fla.

The Moores were cooks at carnivals, and Cook said the two suspects were employees of theirs. The two knew the Moores would have cash on hand at the time of the robbery, he said.

The Moores gave the robbers $10,000 they had earned from their food booth at the festival, and Cook said Karen Moore stated she knew who the robbers were and could identify them. It was then the man with the pistol opened fire on the couple, said Cook.

James Moore called 911 from his cell phone following the incident and met the responding officer at the back door, Cook said. Colquitt County Coroner Daniel Warburg said Karen Moore was shot multiple times in the lower body with a .45-caliber pistol while she was in the bed. She was pronounced dead at the scene, and an autopsy will be performed in Atlanta today.

The robbers wore dark clothing and masks during the robbery, Cook said.

Two suspects — Craig Gandy, 20, of Trailer Park Road, and James McCloud, age and address unavailable — were arrested later Tuesday in Calhoun County after Gandy’s girlfriend’s Nissan Altima was recovered there and following a search using dogs and helicopters.

Gandy and McCloud were each charged with murder, armed robbery, burglary, aggravated assault and the use of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceKeepr View Post
    This happened in my home town yesterday morning. I do not personally know these people, but things like this are becoming more frequent in our small town. It is disturbing. Here the link.
    http://www.moultrieobserver.com/loca...296213031.html
    my only question is WHY in the world would someone make a statement like the wife did without being prepared to back it up? When a gun is pressed to your head is not the time to play taddle-tale ala "I know who you are and I can identify you...waa waa waa...". Class A maroon. At least they got caught...granted too little too late, but they're off the street now.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Ironically I grew up in Niceville Fla. Niceville High class of 74. Doesn't sound so nice there anymore. $10 grand from cooking mullet! I left the area far too soon I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    my only question is WHY in the world would someone make a statement like the wife did without being prepared to back it up? When a gun is pressed to your head is not the time to play taddle-tale ala "I know who you are and I can identify you...waa waa waa...". Class A maroon. At least they got caught...granted too little too late, but they're off the street now.
    She said it because she knew that she could dial 911 after the incident. 911 - faster than a speeding bullet!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Sponsored Links