War of the Worlds - Page 2

War of the Worlds

This is a discussion on War of the Worlds within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by AutoFan The film would have been better if they had stuck to the meteorite landing ships instead of "they were buried a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan
    The film would have been better if they had stuck to the meteorite landing ships instead of "they were buried a LONG time ago" and the ship occupants came down to pilot them.
    That fits with L.Ron Hubbard's Scientology freaks- of which Cruise is one. Re: the mobs going in to look at the "holes"- that's what most people really do. Want to draw a crowd? Set a building on fire, or have a burning traffic accident. Guaranteed to please....

Quote Originally Posted by MechE
    Why is it that in most of the Mass Destruction movies, all the extras do not figure out untill it's to late, that they need to RUN!

Lesson learned here is that Running Like Hell is still a very good self defence tactic. :outtahere

Nah I'll just stand there screaming as Godzilla's foot slowly comes down on me.......
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Did anyone catch at the end that the Grandfather was Gene Barry from the original 1953 movie? Also, Tom Cruise could not have had that revolver he took with him because he was living in The Peoples Republic of New Jersey were we know you are not allowed to carry a gun.

Overall I liked it, but I would not have driven into that crowd with the only working vehicle around and a 6 shot revolver with no spare ammo. Also, when the world is coming to an end why is it that your kids have to question and argue with you over everything you ask them to do? Time for some butt smacking if you ask me.

There were other inconsistencies but you can nit pick any movie to death if you try long enough. As I said, I liked it.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    • Grab your 12 gauge. Scrap that. Grab the Barrett. Screw that; they have force fields. Run. Hide beneath the earth.

Two words “Proximity fuses”.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Assistant Administrator
    I have this on my list - tho may be a while b4 I manage to view.

Good to hear some thoughts from other folks - confirms that I will eventually go see.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links