Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict

This is a discussion on Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The individuals associated w/the westboro church are nothing more than opportunistic whores who prey upon the grief of this fallen soldiers family. They are by ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict

The individuals associated w/the westboro church are nothing more than opportunistic whores who prey upon the grief of this fallen soldiers family. They are by no means Christian in any aspect of their lives other than insulting all people who believe in respecting their fellow man. They had no right to even be present at a private funeral. My condolences to family who had to be subjected to whims of these renegade scum.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I sure wish it would be free speech for me to sledgehammer their knee caps.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, flag burning and campaign donations have been (probably correctly) upheld as "representative" speech, surely we can find something in there about kneecap breaking... If anyone deserves it, these clowns surely do.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Well, if burning a flag can be an expression of free speech, I don't see why you couldn't express your feelings with a sledgehammer as well. I may even help given the opportunity. At the very least, I'd buy a ticket!
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    In the Old testament the Israelites would honor their war heroes in song and with wreaths. They sang about Saul killing thousands and David ten thousand. The citizens met them at the edge of the city and lined the streets as the soldiers passed by. The soldiers were honored not for the lives they had taken but for the service rendered to their country.
    We should do the same thing as far as I'm concerned. They deserve our honor and respect.
    As a pastor of a Baptist church, it makes me sick to see these idiots belittle our soldiers and their families in their time of grief. Especially when they claim to do it in the name of Christ.
    Sixto, How big a sledge have you got?
    Last edited by Gunnutty; October 26th, 2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    Sixto, How big a sledge have you got?
    I got a 6#, and a 3#. I might even have a small 1# around here too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm not at all torn about this. I'm sending in a few bucks on payday. Anything I can do to put a bit of burden on this whacko group. The limits of our freedoms are where our expressions/activities cost someone else their freedom. These nuts cost this man and many others their right their private, peaceful, quiet grieving. Someone needs to park outside of their church on during their services with a very loud PA and play some Queen and Elton John. Since I can't do that I will help strike this "church" financially.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I got a 6#, and a 3#. I might even have a small 1# around here too.
    I can't help but wonder Sixto, do jellyfish have kneecaps?
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    I can't help but wonder Sixto, do jellyfish have kneecaps?
    No spines no knee caps I bet, but I'm sure they squash pretty good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I bet not, but I'm sure they squash pretty good.
    Hadn't thought about that!!!

I don't think the issue is freedom of speech. The First Amendment protects us from the government restricting our speech.

I believe that if this type of protest had happened 200 years ago at a funeral attended by our Founding Fathers, they would have punched the protestors in their collective faces.

How did we get to this point? Why is it apparently OK to do such a despicable thing to a person at such an emotional and traumatic time in their life?

Sometimes I think that if our Founding Fathers could see ahead to what we have become, they would have not started a revolution. They would have said, "why bother".
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

There is not a more putrid bunch on the face of the earth. The nitwits call themselves Christians. i gotta puke.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Someone needs to park outside of their church on during their services with a very loud PA and play some Queen and Elton John.
    Brilliant! I'll buy the CDs myself...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

This "church" has done this many times. They are basicly a "radical" church consisting of members from primarily one family. Travelling around the country they "protest" at military funerals making a mockery out of what those brave individuals died for.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Brilliant! I'll buy the CDs myself...
    lets take it a step further, lets hire some gay strippers to dance next to them at their protests :D
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links