Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict

This is a discussion on Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As a retired military member and human being, I am thoroughly disgusted by the actions of the Westboro church. I am not old enough to ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    As a retired military member and human being, I am thoroughly disgusted by the actions of the Westboro church. I am not old enough to have served in Vietnam, but I do remember seeing the video of soldiers being spit upon when returning home from laying their life on the line for their country. The actions of this so-called 'church' remind me of those times, and I am disgusted that a similar thing is happening again. Especially when they are dishonoring a person (and their family) who have paid the ultimate price for freedom. Whether or not you agree with the current administration and its policies, you have to support and defend the troops who are enforcing said policy. If not, get the h#ll out of this country and move to France.

I truly feel that these are the actions of an egomaniac looking for his 15 minutes of fame by exploiting peoples grief.

Thank God the Patriot Guard members realize what is at stake here for the families, and have stepped up to try and ensure an honorable, dignified setting where family and friends can pay their last respects to a fallen hero.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dralarms View Post
    Tell the rest of us where to donate to breaking these nuts.
    Here is a link. There is a link to donate to the lawsuit against the church nuts at the upper left. I figure even if they don't win, It can cost the westboro nuts big money just to fight it. Hope they win though.

http://www.matthewsnyder.org/
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

People all too often holler, "Freedom of Speech!" when saying something truely reprehensible. However, fellow citizens have the freedom of response, and as big boys and girls in this country of "advanced citizenship," we should all realize that we can say what we want, but know that there are consequences for it sometimes.

If those folks were "man enough" to show up at a funeral to picket, they should be "man enough" to fight the friends of the Marine that they offended.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/1418...states-payroll

As disgusting as it is to share the same borders with the Phelps', I get to have his family leech off of my tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    http://www.religionnewsblog.com/1418...states-payroll

As disgusting as it is to share the same borders with the Phelps', I get to have his family leech off of my tax dollars.
    I grew up in Wichita (near 143rd E and Harry) and then attended KSU. The Phelps gang came around every now and then at K-State and picketed the "Free Speech Zone." As you might imagine, they weren't greeted with smiling faces even at a school as conservative as KSU.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Free speech also means that you are responsible for actions. I hope he wins the case.

Senior Moderator
    EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

The man suing the Westboro Baptist Church won, and was awarded $2.9 Million!

BALTIMORE — A federal jury on Wednesday awarded the father of a fallen Marine $2.9 million in compensatory damages after finding a fundamentalist Kansas church and three of its leaders liable for invasion of privacy and intent to inflict emotional distress for picketing the Marine's funeral in 2006.

The jury was to begin deliberating the size of punitive damages after receiving further instructions, although U.S. District Judge Richard Bennett noted the size of the compensatory award "far exceeds the net worth of the defendants," according to financial statements filed with the court.

Albert Snyder of York, Pa., sued the Westboro Baptist Church for unspecified monetary damages after members staged a demonstration at the March 2006 funeral of his son, Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, who was killed in Iraq.

Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307058,00.html
    And those are just the compensatory damages. The jury will now deliberate on the punitive damages.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar

Westboro Baptist loses

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307058,00.html

Nice to see these guys that have been turning servicemens funerals into circuses finally got what was comin' to them.

I love good news...

Now the attorney(s) need to hunt down the $$$$$...hope they are able stick it, financially,to these heartless human beings...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Woot!

The total award is now 11 Million dollars, and the judgment is against the Church itself as well as Phelps and two of his daughters individually.

That's gotta hurt!

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

JD
    Administrator
    Cool beans

Assistant Administrator
    VERY cool beans
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

That's just made up for an aggravating day!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Woot!
    The total award is now 11 Million dollars, and the judgment is against the Church itself as well as Phelps and two of his daughters individually.
    This, I would honestly call God's judgment.
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

VIP Member
    What, exactly, did the Lord say was his? Oh, yeah, VENGEANCE.

I hope all the Phelps' die penniless and alone....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links