Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict

This is a discussion on Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When I go to meet My Lord, I hope I get the job of throwing ice cubes down to Phelps and his cult of inbreds, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Get out of my country: Westboto Baptist Held Accountable: (MERGED) with verdict

When I go to meet My Lord, I hope I get the job of throwing ice cubes down to Phelps and his cult of inbreds, so I can watch the ice cubes turn to steam just as it touches their fingers.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

"I'd like to see their stupid little church van burst into flames in a fiery accident but I think they have the same right to peaceful protest as anyone else."
    "Peacefully protesting" does not include the desecration of a funeral for a KIA soldier. These soldiers have done more for this country than all the pukes from that so called "church." OK has passed a law outlawing the desecration of a funeral by anyone.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe View Post
    I can't believe some of you are supporting the selective application of free speech. Then you'll complain when there is selective application of the right to bear arms "because it only applies to militia" or some other thinking that limits it to only certain cases.
    A better explanation that the one I offed above:

We have the right to carry guns, they have the right to speak their mind. If we harm someone with our gun we can be held accountable. If they harm someone with their words, THEY can be held accountable.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

This is absolutely the best news to hear, the other Good thing about this is, even if they cant pay the 11 million dollars, they will still stand before GOD on Judgement day, and the price paid there will be far greater than money, and there will be no "I cant pay now", its hard to believe they call themselves Christians, Im gonna go throw up again.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    I am a born again Bible believing Christian. I believe what the Bible says. One can disagree and I won't be offended because your not disagreeing with me your disagreeing with scripture and therefore God. They're right in saying the homosexuality is a sin. However, God will judge ALL sexual sin, homosexuality, lust, premarital sex and adultery, etc... Again if you disagree, your problem is not with me. God will also judge these people. What they are doing is evil and not of love. This pastor will one day stand before a Holy God and will not like what he has to say as this "pastor" is leading his flock astray. This man and his "church" make me sick and I would not great him as a brother in Christ.

As Christian's our mandate from Jesus Christ himself is to spread the Good News of what He has done for us. It's up to God to then change the lives of the individual.
    +1

The Phelps give Christians a bad name.

To say that the deaths of our fighting soldiers is judgement for the sins of this nation makes absolutely NO sense to me.

To outright rejoice that one of our boys died defending this county and their (and ours) rights and to say that God would approve just me off!!

God bless ALL fallen soldiers and their families.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    They have a right to their opinion and they have a right to express it, but a funeral is not the time or place to do it, it's the same as yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. I'm really surprised that some mourner hasn't visited violence on this nut-bag group during one of their protests. If I were burying my son and some group was protesting and jeering, well ...maybe I could plead "temporary insanity" at my trial...
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk View Post
    God bless ALL fallen soldiers and their families.
    God Bless all SOLDIERS, but especially the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    A better explanation that the one I offed above:

We have the right to carry guns, they have the right to speak their mind. If we harm someone with our gun we can be held accountable. If they harm someone with their words, THEY can be held accountable.
    Carrying your gun might be your right but harming someone with it isn't. If you harmed someone in a justified shooting I think the civil lawsuits that follow are BS.

I don't consider emotional and physical harm anywhere near the same thing. If you yell "fire" when there isn't one and people are tramples then you're responsible. If you say something that is your opinion and it makes someone upset then they should ignore it and move on.

What if you carry somewhere and someone finds out about it (or you were legally open carrying for conversation's sake). That someone calls the cops then sues you because he/she feared for their life or their family. Should you be held accountable for their emotional distress and pay out $1M? It's the same thing if you ask me.

The one redeeming fact is that these people will not be in heaven.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Excellent. Now if we could just exile them to Iran, where there are no Homosexuals they would be happy and so would I.
    +1
    +1
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

These clowns just want attention. They try to be as offensive as possible and they succeed. They have also turned their behaviour into profit through their own lawfirm, Phelps Chartered.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    To what little I know of the case, these 'christians" showed a great deal of anger against what they percieved to be sin, without any compassion. the hallmark of the modern christian is compassion as compared to another related religion that will remian unmentioned.
    Freedom of religion, speech and democracy gives us many freedoms, it also demands great responsibility for your actions. From what I saw, they punished a family for losing a son who volunteered to join a military fighting a war and at the same time this military is obeying the law of the land and the directions of it's political leaders.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    To what little I know of the case, these 'christians" showed a great deal of anger against what they percieved to be sin, without any compassion. the hallmark of the modern christian is compassion as compared to another related religion that will remian unmentioned.
    Freedom of religion, speech and democracy gives us many freedoms, it also demands great responsibility for your actions. From what I saw, they punished a family for losing a son who volunteered to join a military fighting a war and at the same time this military is obeying the law of the land and the directions of it's political leaders.
    The problem I find with most religions is that "compassion" is generally reserved for either converts or potential "willing" converts. Their point of view is the only one and anyone who questions or thinks differently incurs the instant wrath of their vengeful god. Personally, I have no patience with this very narrow view of God and the Universe. I was not posturing in my earlier post about what my reaction would be if it had been my child's funeral. My oldest is an Army Sgt., and has been down range to both Iraq and Afghanistan and is now preparing for another tour of Iraq in the coming months. I know how my Father must have felt with my 1 tour of Vietnam, it's gut-wrenching every-time there's a knock on the door or a phone call, and yet I couldn't be more proud of my kid. The final word is, if you're against the war, "fine", if you feel God is against the war "that's okay to", want to protest then go get a sign and walk up and down in-front of the White House or your front-yard, vote the "anti-war" ticket in the coming elections, but leave our soldiers and their families out of it, each and every one of them is a Hero and a Patriot, they deserve nothing less than our respect and gratitude.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links