Wife and I separating - Page 2

Wife and I separating

This is a discussion on Wife and I separating within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 If you should try it again, find a woman who is interested in guns and shooting... Be sure to ask for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife and I separating

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you should try it again, find a woman who is interested in guns and shooting...
    Be sure to ask for a picture of her gun collection...

JD
    Administrator
    Well at least she took money and not guns, I had a co-worker whose wife sold his guns out from under him, hey joint property right

I had another co-worker come home from a month long field assignment to find his house completely empty, even the ice cube trays were gone. Wife ran off with his best friend...

I hope things work out as best as they can.

That sux! Good luck and hang in there!

After 7 years I thought it was as good as it gets but SHE didn't. Man I'm so glad she recognized it cause with no kids and we both have good jobs we split it all and got divorsed for $85. No lawyers and we both took what we had built on our 401k's. We split up everything and it was total agony. Worst time in my life. I credit her for being so nontypical and fair. In less than a year I met the women of my dreams and in a way I oh it to my ex for being honest about our relationship to call it quits. I now know what happly married is cause I got it now the perfect wife and two great kids. Life is good and it will be with you just keep a positive attitude and be honest.

Administrator
    Things will work out for you. Stuff Happens.
    It takes two to make a marriage work & if she does not want to try to make it work then it never will.
    You're better off casually dating and learning how to really enjoy your own company.
    Start doing things that you always to do but, just never got around to doing.
    Try new and different things.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been there, and the emotional trauma was pretty severe. But I was able to step back, and take a look at myself. Back then, I was a college drop out, with no real skills other than selling electronics, and I was a paramedic on a volunteer rescue squad. I couldn't make much money as a paramedic where I was. I did look into movig, but instead I decided to go back to school, something that I couldn't do with my wife. The money wouldn't have been there, and I ended up, after getting the prerequisites, moving to the DC area for the physician assistant program that I wanted, which wasn't available in my home town of Richmond VA. Now, I've been practicing for 19 years. And, I was able, after a lot of false starts, find a wonderful woman, who I married 5 years ago. She's seen me through a pretty rough time, something that I don't think that I could have done by myself. So, just hang in there. It will be painful, but you already know that. Don't keep yourself cloistered because you have two marrages that didn't work out. You just made a bad choice the second time. Give yourself time, then take a good look at yourself. Take what you learn, and then just leave yourself open to possibilities.

VIP Member
    Life is a journey of "ups and downs", right now you're in a "down", but there is an "up" in your future. Look forward to it, when it comes around it'll override your "down" experience.

Good luck.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Mr. Jeep -

I can understand your feelings.

My first marriage dragged on for 21 years. I finally figured out that Wife #1 wasn't interested in me (she likes girls) and filled for divorce. I felt like a failure.

During the divorce, #1 tried every way of inflicting pain that she could. She said it was all, "...to get [me] to stay." She called the chaplain of the Army unit I was in at the time. The chaplain was female and (I later discovered) deeply disturbed. #1 told her about all of my psychological buttons and how to push them. The chaplain promptly divorced her husband and zeroed in on me. It worked!

By the end of a year of being married to #2, I figured out that she was a total nut-case. And evil, to boot. She used her authority and position as a Christian clergy to manipulate everyone around her.

When I divorced her, she had emptied out all of my accounts and taken everything in my house. I later discovered that she had embezzled my payments to the IRS, whom I now owe $40k in back taxes.

I had absolutely no intention of ever marrying again. Yet I found a woman who loves me beyond anything I could ever dream of. We married two years ago and had a son.

Our son was born with a serious heart defect and died 89 days later. We almost tore each other apart with grief. And yet now we have become welded to one another.

My message here is that things may look and feel bad now. It may get worse, but in time it will get better. A far better relationship may be in your future. Live your life.

Bill

Can We Be Honest Here?

The woman of your dreams...is usually just that...
    It takes work, realism, compromise, and humor...the wife and I have been traveling this road for 37+ years...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I got a good joke... I just thunk it up after reading resupts post...

Why is the woman of my dreams the woman of my dreams?

'Cause she's always gone by morning.

Sorry, I know its going to make some laugh and make some mad... I cant win 'em all I guess.
    Last edited by SIXTO; October 28th, 2007 at 12:27 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The money thing sucks. I have been there myself as far as the money part goes...Everyone is right though things in life happen for a reason good or bad.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Not everyone misses their ex, some are just good shots!
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Thanks for listening

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

The soon-to-be-ex is on her way to Orlando to see family as they celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I think she will be surprised to see all the credit cards shut down and as soon as the bank opens today, I will fix the remaining bank accounts.

When I married her, her credit was in shambles and still is. I tried to get her to clean things up but she never took the time. So she will not be able to open a bank account or take out a loan either. Other than the cash she took, that is all she has except when she gets a pay check.

She really isnt a bad person. When she is in therapy, I am a great guy. But when she quits, like she does two or three times a year, I am an evil SOB. Then she recants and goes back to therapy. Go figure.

But I cant take this anymore. I am almost 50 and I dont need this kind of turmoil for the rest of my life.

VIP Member
    Hmmm, bummer...BTDT....from experience,move on it was nothing you did or didn't do.After a while you will say "I remember that part of my Life"....

I know how you feel. I'm on my third marriage and while this one has lasted for 22 years I think of the others everytime we get into an argument. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair but hang in there, things will get better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links