Wife and I separating

This is a discussion on Wife and I separating within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guys and Gals, I hate to boo-hoo but maybe it will help me feel a little better. My wife and I have not been getting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife and I separating

Wife and I separating

Guys and Gals,

I hate to boo-hoo but maybe it will help me feel a little better. My wife and I have not been getting along for the last month or so and she is kindof unstable. Anyway I cpme in from out of town today and she had taken a lot of money from 2 accounts and left me a voice mail saying she will talk to me on MOnday. I found out about the money after getting the voice mail but she didnt tell me about that.

I kind of felt this coming and I have already thought about contacting a lawyer but the money thing surprises me. So I closed all our accounts.

I feel like a failure. This is my second failed marriage. My first one failed after 24 years when she found another boyfriend. This second go-round I took my time and thought I did good but it only lasted 3 1/2 years. I think I am done with the marriage stuff.

Sorry to vent but just need to say something

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Sorry about that. I know you fee like crap. Sometimes you can do everything right and it still doesnt work out. Just hang in there and do the best ya can.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Well, I dont know what to tell ya, I've never been there.

Things happen for a reason.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lead Moderator
    Been there with the divorce thing. Hang in there , it will get better eventually. Sometimes you can do everything possible and still wind up divorced.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear you are going through this...good luck.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Moderator
    I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you that everything works out well.

Been there, done that, got a $20,000 debt out of it instead of a t-shirt.

Talk to an attorney and restart your life, just don't allow your next partner to have access to your money/valuables.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Don't know what to say but hang on and look ahead. I'll say a prayer for both of you. Don't heap it all on yourself, things happen in life that can be completely beyond our control.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    So. Why do divorces cost so much?

Because their worth it.

Seriously I'm in the second year of hy third marriage. Us guys learn slow and unless we get lucky it just goes by trial and error.

Good luck. It will all seem better when you have found the right lady. Don't broadcast the never married again to loudly tho. we men need women more than they need us truth be told. Besides it will scare away a few of the really good female prospects.

Look for a lady that likes to shoot. I did and couldn't be happer this time around
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Sorry to hear about that. I'd suggest in the mean time, farm out all your guns to family/friends to prevent their value being involved in a community property dispute.

im sorry to hear about what is happening.
    Im sure its very hard. hold in there.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I am in the 5th year of my 4th marriage.This wife is a blessing!What I will tell you is do not give up.Instead,use what you have learned from experience to find the right person for you.Life will get better,this is one thing I know,I know this from living it.I lost more than one business,a truck load of money and my son.For now,you need an attorney on your side that is evil.Really,get a mean,expensive attorney.Divorce usually starts out nice then it is downhill.You are smart to close the bank accounts.She will call you Monday?Who cares?She left you and took the money.If I were you,she would not hear my voice again,but that it is up to you.I sincerely wish you the best of luck and remember life will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    Guys and Gals,

I hate to boo-hoo but maybe it will help me feel a little better. My wife and I have not been getting along for the last month or so and she is kindof unstable. Anyway I cpme in from out of town today and she had taken a lot of money from 2 accounts and left me a voice mail saying she will talk to me on MOnday. I found out about the money after getting the voice mail but she didnt tell me about that.

I kind of felt this coming and I have already thought about contacting a lawyer but the money thing surprises me. So I closed all our accounts.

I feel like a failure. This is my second failed marriage. My first one failed after 24 years when she found another boyfriend. This second go-round I took my time and thought I did good but it only lasted 3 1/2 years. I think I am done with the marriage stuff.

Sorry to vent but just need to say something
    Jeep,

I am sorry you are going through this. There are probably no words we can say/type that can really help. Just know that we are pulling for you.

If I could make a suggestion, use this to become the best you you can be. Find out how to be happy in spite of this. Grow. Learn. Become a better man. Maybe counseling will help that. Certainly reading some of the right stuff can help. Perhaps finding a group of folks trying to grow through the same kind of situation. Maybe even a church, or take some classes.

You know you the best right now. Talk to some people who love you enough to tell you the truth, and see what they suggest might help you become a better man.

God bless.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I must be one of the luckiest men alive. I met my wife when we were the ripe old age of 13. I told her the first time I saw her I was going to marry her.

Well I joined the Air Force, and through one thing or another we ended up marrying other people. my 1st lasted about 5 years (caught her in bed with my supposed best friend). Well I divorced her and unknown to me my soul mate had also divorced.

She caught up to me while I was in Germany through the mail system and we started talking. Wasn't long until I was out of the AF and back in the states trying to see if our love had held up to the strain.

Well my brother was hit by a truck while riding a motor cycle in Huntsville and I left to help him out (doctors said he wasn't going to make it) and we fell away again, this time we didn't get into any other screwed up relationships.

After my brother was better I move back to Tn and once again started rebuilding my relation ship with this beautiful lady, we were married in 85, and it was good, but I did some stupid crap and things headed south. so I moved back to NC where my family is from.

I started a new life, sorry for the failures and always had it in the back of my mind. Learned a new trade and was beginning to build somewhat of a life.

16 months went by and I got a letter from her again (I swear this woman could find me no matter where I was) and was taken aback by the "tone" of her letter. So I drove to Tn and got her and the kids to "visit" for Christmas.

Well that was 17 years ago and we have never spent any time apart since. We work our business together every day and love every min. of it.

Now I didn't go into all that to make you feel bad but instead to make you realize there is 1 woman for every man and visa-versa. Maybe you just haven't found your match.

My wife and I will be praying for you and hope that things turn out for your best future.

If you should try it again, find a woman who is interested in guns and shooting...
    Be sure to ask for a picture of her gun collection...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links