Request of Members Here

Request of Members Here

This is a discussion on Request of Members Here within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You know what I would like to see? More pictures of your various sick assortments of hardware. I keep getting this wrap from certain people ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Request of Members Here

You know what I would like to see?

More pictures of your various sick assortments of hardware.

I keep getting this wrap from certain people who know me who allege I have too many guns.

At last count I own exactly 5 handguns and 4 long guns, and I even considered getting rid of 2 of them but I decided I wouldn't. That is not a lot of guns by any means especially when you consider I do not yet own anything like an AR 15 or an FN FAL or anything cool like that.

The problem is that even the people I'm around who are gun friendly and gun loving own 2-3 guns or maybe A gun. Nothing wrong with that, but I want to make a point that having 30 or 40+ guns is not abnormal. I don't think I'll ever have that many as I actually tend to be a slow paced bargain hunter who overanalyzes every purchase, except for that 629-4 and I'd do that again in a second! I always look for a decent deal and I think I even got a fair market price on my impulse buy this year after the guy came down $50.

See I know what a gun collection is and I don't have one (yet). I want some photographs to shut these people up with.

Assistant Administrator
    Euc - I am old - and so plowed quite a lotta bucks into stuff. I call it investment!! Probably $20k tied up. I daresay over time I will thin the herd a bit as many are hardly used a whole lot but then - I enjoy possession as well as shooting.

Currently, 33 or so handguns, 26 long arms, 3 M/L and 4 shotties (I think!) Haven't checked inventory data but this is close. I reckon 65 - 67 total anyways. Some say this is obscene - I say it is just - nice! Quite a few long arms are C&R anyways and not worth a huge amount - just interest.

If you want pics - just say what and we'll try and oblige. I have posted quite a few over the weeks but there are always more!

Funny thing is how many folks think anything more than a couple is an ''arsenal'' and means something bad!! hell - I can only shoot one at a time (usually!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oops just checked - figures outa date. Handguns 34 (and one extra T/C barrel) - longarms 26 - M/L 3 and shotties - 6. Total 69. Current assessed market value, $23.7k.

This is a pessimistic figure - seeing as one or two guns are fitted with scopes like Leupolds and so there is more value in them.

Am I ashamed - nope!
    Last edited by P95Carry; July 1st, 2005 at 11:45 PM.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

News Media

The news media has a LOT to do with the portrayal of people that own many guns as somehow being abnormal or wicked. There is nothing they like MORE than to send a camera man into a home & film a whole table full of handguns & long guns & ammunition sitting right beside some little bags of "crack" & other dope that the police have neatly laid out for them.
    Somehow having more than one or two is considered criminal just because some criminals DO accumulate a lot of guns.
    But, of course honest law abiding shooters & hunters & gun enthusiasts & firearm collectors accumulate a lot of firearms in their respective collections also.
    Just exactly the same as folks collect baseball cards and Beanie Babies.
    Folks tend to want to own more of what gives them personal enjoyment.
    If anybody doesn't like it...too bad.

I've only got 8 right now (had to sell a couple for $$ during college): 3 handguns, 3 rifles, 2 shotguns. This is however a severe shortage that I plan to remedy as often as I can
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

only 9 euc? ive bought that this year alone :)

VIP Member
    Euc,

Here is most of what I had 2 years ago. The group has expanded by this time. One of the Glocks has a new home, and there are more S&W revolvers.

-Scott-
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Don't have a clue as to how many---BUT---I bought my 3rd Browning Pro Steel safe this Feb. Lots of my weapons are never used and will in the near future sell off some of them. Probably 20 or so. But, as I usually do,I will use some of that money to purchase several that I "just gotta have". Some of my weapons were used when guiding in Maine but will not be used again. Also used to shoot the 1000yd. range while up north and will not be envolved in that anymore. Have 4 .223 "flat tops" and will sell at least 2 of those. Will also sell several hunting pistols. Sold my T/C pistols about a year ago but still have several frames and 6 different bbls. --- I"m probably like a few of you out there with weapons that I have put so much money into that I will never sell them for what they are really worth. I have a Desert Eagle like that. With the sights,trigger,grips,extra parts,mags,holsters,etc.,that I have for this one particular weapon,I will never get my money back out of it. I have probably 8-10 weapons that have a scope on them that is worth at least $300. more than the weapon itself. The associated equipment that I have accumulated is unbelieveable. Sit down and honestly figure up your "gun stuff" someday and see if it doesn't shock you. It did me. Just in reloading stuff alone I must have ??? ---WELL---??? THOUSANDS !! My biggest problem is that I have weapons that I have almost duplicated. For instance,--- A bolt,scoped,.308,and a bolt scoped .30-06. Three,4-8" bbl. 44Mags. Four,20-26 bbl.12ga shotguns. Two .50cal muzzleloaders,both with scopes. I sit back and look at this and say to muself---- HUH ?? WHY??.-------P.S Please don't tell my wife this.

ok guys
    I think I'll need some time to get it all together, but I'll post a few pics of everything based on weapon type (I think).or size/ caliber etc. LOL....this may be a scary thing to do.

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - year or more ago I took all the large pics I had of stuff and made a sorta ''montage'' - set of thumbnails deal.... one for handgun, one for rifle etc. Those pics are outa date now but can be useful as a ''at a glance'' presentation method.

I may just post some more random pics which I reckon haven't been used here but look forward to seeing some of your gear - knowing that I will need my ''drool-tray'' handy!
    Chris - P95

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Bob - year or more ago I took all the large pics I had of stuff and made a sorta ''montage'' - set of thumbnails deal.... one for handgun, one for rifle etc. Those pics are outa date now but can be useful as a ''at a glance'' presentation method.

I may just post some more random pics which I reckon haven't been used here but look forward to seeing some of your gear - knowing that I will need my ''drool-tray'' handy!
    Drool tray?? "You don't need no drool tray" "We aint got no drool tray" "we aint got to give you no drool tray" (Pancho Villa voice) LMAO
    Just a few "Wall Hangers" here..now ya got me on a roll
    Attached Images

Assistant Administrator
    ****** Bob - missed the tray - mopping up as I type!

Nice, nice, nice - and see a lil' ol' M1 Carbine there as well. Shucks, I can't compete on these terms!
    Chris - P95

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Honestly, I would have to make a count to tell you how many I own. However, I would know immediatley if one wasn't in it's appointed place.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

can't post pics with web tv, but i have 5 shotguns, 14 pistols(from .22 to .44), 5 .22 rifles, 1 .357 rifle, 1 ar180b, 1 cetme, and 1 sub 2000 9mm fold a gun. next on the list to buy is a .308 deer gun.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    ****** Bob - missed the tray - mopping up as I type!

Nice, nice, nice - and see a lil' ol' M1 Carbine there as well. Shucks, I can't compete on these terms!
    Psssssssst <whispering to Chris>
    It's a Rock-O-La M1 Carbine
    I'll make another pic of what I have to the left of the H&K pic.I believe I had my Uzi's and a couple of MACs. to the left..The walk-in is just to the right of them LOL. I need it
    No need to even think of that nasty word "competition" I do enjoy showing what I have to the people I know.

Euc??
    Just tell those people who think your strange because you own a few guns, to take a look at the pic I posted. They'll think I'm down right nuts! Either that, or they'll never venture into the NH area LOL...

Assistant Administrator
    Dang - "Rock-O-La" - bud of mine had one back in '80's which I'm sure enjoyed that name ... sounds familiar.

I'd have got one before if it wasn't for dipping out on (yet) another cal to load
    Chris - P95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links