Old Rifle part question

Old Rifle part question

This is a discussion on Old Rifle part question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, so I acquired a couple of new to me/old firearms from my uncle in non-functioning order. One in particular> It's a .22 cal rimfire ...

Old Rifle part question

Ok, so I acquired a couple of new to me/old firearms from my uncle in non-functioning order.

One in particular> It's a .22 cal rimfire and is marked as a Glenfield Mod. 75 (and next to it stamped The Marlin Firearms Company. I did a bit of research and understand it's original manufacturing etc. Apparently created back when the department stores were still having their own branded arms made by the name brand firearms companies of the times. This one was for Sears and Robucks between late '60 something and early '80 something I believe.

Now to the issue. The action did not function. I broke it down completely last night and the problem was quite obvious. It's missing the recoil spring and recoil spring guide. Everything else seems to be in order. Anyone know where to find parts for old guns like this?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Try www.e-gunparts.com
    You should be able to cross reference the model number and quite possibly find a schematic and parts list.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

VIP Member
    Brownells....www.brownells.com

Excellent! Thanks guys. I figured someone here would be able to find it or know where to find it.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to find what I needed at egunparts (a couple screws, spring, guide, etc...) and now I have a nice new...err uh old working .22. I tested it out this past weekend and everything seems to function and cycle correctly.

-The Mist (2007)

May be worth the fix. One of the best shooting .22 rifles I ever had was an old Monkey Wards Westernfield. That puppy would drive tacks. Never again discount one because of a department store name.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Links