Funny find

This is a discussion on Funny find within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I posted a thread about yesterday being my first full day helping out at a local range. It was 10 hours of pure fun. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny find

Funny find

I posted a thread about yesterday being my first full day helping out at a local range. It was 10 hours of pure fun.

I mainly helped out on the range for 2 classes that were taught yesterday. I figured it up today and it turns out that I was there on the range while 2000+ rounds were fired yesterday. All calibers from .22lr, .380, 9mm, .40, .45ACP, .45GAP, .357 magnum, .38 special, .357SIG, you name it, I probably saw someone in one of the classes firing it.

When I got home I smelled very strongly of burnt gunpowder. My wife and kids remarked on it in fact. So, I went upstairs, threw all my clothes in the hamper and took a long shower.

Today I was doing my laundry, and as is my habit I was checking my pockets before dumping each pair of pants into the washing machine. When I go to the pair of 5.11 cargo pants I was wearing on the range yesterday, I found in the lower leg cargo pockets the following: 2 .45ACP brass, one 9mm brass, 3 .40S&W brass and a .22lr brass. I did not put them there. They must have landed there and I did not realize it at the time.

I can't tell you how many empty brass hit me yesterday. Seemed like every time I stopped moving I got hit by a piece of brass from someone. It was still more fun than I can tell you. I can't wait till next time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Lima used to have a problem with her purse catching too much brass, one time a co-worker at her office job, pulled a .22LR casing from her shoe

Working on the range on base I wear my BDU's and afterwards I'll find
    brass in pockets that I kept closed and buttoned up. 9mm, .223's, 7.62's.....they end up everywhere. My wife will get a little sideways because
    a least a handfull will end up in the washing machine. Last range day I found brass in the laces of my boots......still trying to figure that one out.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    To be hit by brass is preferable to being hit by lead.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    When it's raining brass at the range....usually the fun meter is maxed out!,it's a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    When it's raining brass at the range....usually the fun meter is maxed out!,it's a good thing!

+1 !!!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    This happened to me all the time, you'll get used to it. I used to pull 22's out of my shoe treads all the time too.

As a side note, if you have small kids make sure you take your shoes off before going in your home. Its amazing how much lead dust collects there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I once had a peice of 9mm brass ride all the way home balanced on my hat.

It sounds like you had fun Mike.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

The wife quit taking her purse in the range because she would have to clean out the brass afterward.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

That gives me an idea...I'll cut you in on half the cash if it pans out.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post

That gives me an idea...I'll cut you in on half the cash if it pans out.
    I hope it's a billion dollar idea
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

I had so much fun it is hard to explain. Can't wait to do it again. I just wish I could make as much money working at a gun shop/range and I do working in TV. If I could turn my hobby into a career, I'd be gone from the full time job so fast people would wonder what the blur they saw was.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    Mike I'd like my hobbies to just be able to pay for themselves, I'd be esstatic if I could make a living brewing beer and shooting

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I found in the lower leg cargo pockets the following: 2 .45ACP brass, one 9mm brass, 3 .40S&W brass and a .22lr brass. I did not put them there. They must have landed there and I did not realize it at the time.
    So is it safe to say that you...

GOT BRASS IN POCKET
    GOT BOTTLE I'M GONNA USE IT
    INTENTION I FEEL INVENTIVE
    GONNA MAKE YOU, MAKE YOU, MAKE YOU NOTICE

Yes, folks. That's my 80's geek detector.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

I wear my hair spiked up and i came home from the range to find not 1, but 2 9mm brass casings stuck in my hair.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links