Do you think about what you wear to bed?

This is a discussion on Do you think about what you wear to bed? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was getting ready to go to bed and I put on some sleeping shorts that where way to big. It was the only pair ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think about what you wear to bed?

Do you think about what you wear to bed?

I was getting ready to go to bed and I put on some sleeping shorts that where way to big. It was the only pair that I could find that were clean. I heard a weird noise just as I got comfy in bed and my wife asked me to check it out. I was looking around the house and I realized if something was to happen where I had to run I would have to hold my shorts.

So the question is has anyone thought about that?

If so what have you changed to make sure that if something was to happen you don't have to worry about what you are wearing to bed?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You certainly do ponder a lot bro!

I sleep in my skin! I figure even if my first shot isn't COM, the sight of me naked will probably finish the BG off!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I leave yesterday's jeans at the side of the bed overnight. My carry gun is still belted in, just in case.

Thumper......you are killing me.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I prefer to sleep naked with a jar of blue body paint next to the bed. That way if I hear an intruder I can quickly coat myself with paint and come out naked and screaming!

JD
    Administrator
    OK, I know this is all in jest, but lets remember to not go too overboard on this one

I really don't worry about what I wear to bed, but we're pretty conscious as to what we keep near the bed in case of an incident. We each have a sidearm near by, usually a flash light and of course the phone.

We're actually planing on starting a "By the bed kit" that will have a firearm, phone, and flashligt in it, something along the lines of a Maxpedition Versa-pack, that way you can just grab the kit, and not be fumbling for a bunch of stuff in the dark.

Assistant Administrator
    Always just wear my skin but - necessary items such as the piece and flashlight/lights ... are within easy reach of a dropped arm out of covers to floor.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Robert A. Heinlein said in Time Enough for Love:
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.
    in seriousness I have a pair of pants laying next to the bed as well as slip on shoes. Glasses are on the nightstand within reach as well as flashlight and two readily accesible weapons in the room.

I still think running out into the living room naked, painted blue, screaming with a Kukri in hand would frighten most intruders off!

I usually wear nothing. distraction for the intruder. kinda like a surefire...lol
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.
    Gun is under pillow in a holster.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

I never have figured out why a naked Indian in Moccisins with a gun in the hand scares people so much.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I never have figured out why a naked Indian in Moccisins with a gun in the hand scares people so much.

You guy's are killin me.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I don't know about the Indian but the 6' tall drunken, naked, axe waving, hairy, blue painted, Germanic, madman charging through the forest scared the snot out of the 5' tall Roman legionaire.

As a volunteer firefighter that responds 24/7 I get a lot of practice in what to do at 3:00am. What has worked best for me is yesterdays pair of jeans and a t shirt near the bed. They go in the hamper when I get up in the morning.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

I wear a pair of gym shorts to bed. I make sure that the gym shorts I buy have pockets so that I can have a place to put things if needed (cell phone, spare mag and such) if something goes bump in the night.
    The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference-they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

Well....this seems to be a trend here. Me and the wife sleep in our birthday suits. What is it about gun people that makes us prefer sleeping in the buff?

But, we each have a pair of pants with a belt and holster already in them, a shirt and a pair of shoes right by the bed where we can get them and get them on in the dark. Also, each have a flashlight and cell phone on the nightstand. in addition, I have a kevlar vest right under my side of the bed with one side already done up that I can just slip on quickly since I will be the one doing the clearing of the house in case of an intruder. My wife will be herding the kids into our bedroom until all is clear and safe.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links