The nature of evil

The nature of evil

This is a discussion on The nature of evil within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yet the scale of a man's evil is not entirely to be measured by its practical consequences. Men commit evil within the scope available to ...

Thread: The nature of evil

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

The nature of evil

Yet the scale of a man's evil is not entirely to be measured by its practical consequences. Men commit evil within the scope available to them. Some evil geniuses, of course, devote their lives to increasing that scope as widely as possible, but no such character has yet arisen in Britain, and most evildoers merely make the most of their opportunities. They do what they can get away with.
    is a quote to get you to go read

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_4_oh_to_be.html

If you can read it and sleep well tonight , well hats off to you , and we likely may meet someday .... you wont like it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    Sobering Bob - very sobering indeed.

I think in fact it's better in Off topic to be honest, tho it brings up many ramifications.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    n 1921, the year of my mother's birth, there was one crime recorded for every 370 inhabitants of England and Wales; 80 years later, it was one for every ten inhabitants. There has been a 12-fold increase since 1941 and an even greater increase in crimes of violence.
    I guess the fact that crime goes up when you disarm the innocent has no impact on the anti's.......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

God bless him. Lots of truth in that article. Lots of guts to stick around and try to do some good for 14 years. That guy has a lot more compassion than I do.

Austin

Wow! Profoundly disturbing because of its accuracy.

Is the U.S. headed the same way?
    Sadly, it seems so to me.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

...Ultimately, the moral cowardice of the intellectual and political elites is responsible for the continuing social disaster that has overtaken Britain, a disaster whose full social and economic consequences have yet to be seen...

Coming to a neighborhood near you soon...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Atlas Shrugged covered many of the same indicators of social breakdown. A is A, which is the thing fundamentally being sidestepped in contemporary societies, as if wishing a thing were so would make it at least feel different, despite all signs to the contrary.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Great link, RR, thanks...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Sobering, and I worry that it's happening in America too. I personally know several people that exactly fit his description of the unwed mothers who continue to chose to be involved with the same kind of abusing/disappearing men over and over. Sad and sadder still for the children, who will almost certainly grow up in the same mold.

I know it has been said by several generations before this one that "the younger generation" is worthless, wastrels, or lazy, whether they were talking about the Jitterbugs of the 20's, the rock n rollers of the 50's or the hippies of the 70's, but I fear that the current "ME" generation might just live up to to the worst expectations of all. Some of them, anyway.

I'm fortunate to have a daughter that is responsible and hard working, but I worry about the kind of world she, and her children, will be living in in the future. I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't see a change for the better coming any time soon.

Dang, now I'm depressed! Or maybe just unhappy?

I think I'll just have to take my daughter shooting tomorrow. I just got a new G26 I think she will like!

Ron

A very good read, very profound.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

We have been on that same path for far to long. The only question is: Have we reached the point of no return?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

JT
    excellent article
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

ccw9mm - That's a good book. Lots of reality...its more accurate now than when it was written.

Absolutely no turning back. This is the downside of a democrazy - its the lower middle class that benefit the most and they also will always hold the majority of the vote.

Austin

Sponsored Links