Rustic Style Architecture

This is a discussion on Rustic Style Architecture within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Since I know there are people all over the country and maybe some of you work in the construction/finishing field on this board I figured ...

Since I know there are people all over the country and maybe some of you work in the construction/finishing field on this board I figured this would be a good place to gather some architecture pictures......

I am looking into starting construction on my house in the next year and am trying to pick out materials to create an estimate for the mortgage company.

I was going to build a log cabin until I went to a seminar on that type of construction and it just has to many problems for my taste something about logs shrinking up to 4" doesn’t appeal to me....

So I looked into timber framing and that's just to pricey for me......

So I have just about decided on ICF construction for the energy efficiency so the outside of the house will most likely be brick.......

So do any of you guys have INTERIOR pictures of lodge or rustic style houses that aren't log or timber frame.....I was thinking natural finish hardwood floor with natural finish trim would go a long way toward the look but am always open to gather further opinions.....

So lets see um'

Thanks
    Josh

My personal favorite is strawbale - but it's applicability is very dependent on your location. If you are not too wet, it offers great insulation and can be built to look pretty much like any other adobe/masonry house (abet with rather thick walls). It qualifies for rustic in that they have been used over 100 years (possibly 200) in certain parts of the country.

Always liked Post and Beam construction, not that I can afford it.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Links