Alleged Stolen Gun Causes High School Lockdown

This is a discussion on Alleged Stolen Gun Causes High School Lockdown within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It seems that even Montana is not immune to gun paranoia. Three high schools in Missoula were locked down Friday, after police received a report ...

Thread: Alleged Stolen Gun Causes High School Lockdown

1943 - 2009

Alleged Stolen Gun Causes High School Lockdown

It seems that even Montana is not immune to gun paranoia. Three high schools in Missoula were locked down Friday, after police received a report of a possible stolen gun.

Three Missoula high schools were locked down for a short time Friday after authorities discovered a vehicle break-in at Hellgate High School, raising the possibility a gun had been stolen.

School officials tell us the lockdown was ordered after they learned about the stolen gun report shortly after lunch. The school district says Hellgate, Big Sky, and Sentinel High Schools were placed under a "modified lockdown" as a precaution. That means the exterior doors were either locked or closed with an employee on standby, but administrators say students were being allowed to move from class to class.

Although the lockdown was later eased on the other campuses around the city, the scene around Hellgate remained unsettled for a couple of hours with police cars in the area. School resource officers helped as lockers were searched, but no weapons were found. There were no reports of any specific threats against students, or anyone being endangered, nor of any arrests.

Students were dismissed at their regular time at 3 p.m. School officials and police are continuing to investigate.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

Sad to see even Montana is affected, esp given I attended Big Sky. It seems like things were quite a bit different back then (20 yrs ago) or is my memory just faulty.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    I just don't see the correlation between a vehicle burglary and locking down three(!) high schools... What are they going to do if a house gets broken into? Declare martial law?

Sheesh... The Big Sky is falling....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Just another reason to home school. This is ridiculous.

Austin

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I just don't see the correlation between a vehicle burglary and locking down three(!) high schools... What are they going to do if a house gets broken into? Declare martial law?

Sheesh... The Big Sky is falling....
    Yeah, I hear ya, OPFOR.

We must remember, however, that Missoula is a bastion of liberalism, surrounded by conservatism; a patch of blue in the middle of a sea of red. And I fear the blue is spreading.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya, OPFOR.

We must remember, however, that Missoula is a bastion of liberalism, surrounded by conservatism; a patch of blue in the middle of a sea of red. And I fear the blue is spreading.
    +1 to that.

I would put money on it, that they used this car break in as an excuse to shut down all three school so they could do locker searches. In other words they took advantage of the situation to do what they have probably been wanting to do for a long time.

I don't consider the town of Missoula as being part of Montana any more. Allot of money from the left coast as come in a bought it all up, and not just land, but politicians and every one else they can influence and intimidate.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Links