pro & ainti gun quotes

This is a discussion on pro & ainti gun quotes within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am looking for a list of both pro and ainti gun quotes. i have these two that i have always liked: "If someone has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pro & ainti gun quotes

Question pro & ainti gun quotes

I am looking for a list of both pro and ainti gun quotes.
    i have these two that i have always liked:

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
    -The Dali Lama, Famous Gun Nut

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
    -Mohandas Gandhi, Famous Gun Nut

i would like to add a few more pro gun quotes by famous, respected people. and also a few anti gun quotes. especially if i can end it with

-Hillary Clinton, idiot

or something similar

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    I wish I had the time to dig it up, but one of my favorites is from Adolph Hitler.
    Paraphrased:
    The world will follow us into the 20th centery as the first nation with total gun control...

I'lll see if I can find it and post it heere verbatim.

EDIT:

Well, That didn't take long! The quote that I referenced is debunked as falsely attributed to Adolph Hitler HERE

Quote Originally Posted by GunCite
    "This year* will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    ---Falsely attributed to Adolf Hitler, "Abschied vom Hessenland!" ["Farewell to Hessia!"], ['Berlin Daily' (Loose English Translation)], April 15th, 1935, Page 3 Article 2, Einleitung Von Eberhard Beckmann [Introduction by Eberhard Beckmann].
    Last edited by luvmy40; November 5th, 2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: New Info Found
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

The "Hitler" Quote That Wouldn't Die: "1935 Will Go Down In History!"

"This year* will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    ---Falsely attributed to Adolf Hitler, "Abschied vom Hessenland!" ["Farewell to Hessia!"], ['Berlin Daily' (Loose English Translation)], April 15th, 1935, Page 3 Article 2, Einleitung Von Eberhard Beckmann [Introduction by Eberhard Beckmann].

This quotation, often seen without any date or citation at all, suffers from several credibility problems, the most significant of which is that the date given (*in alternate versions, the words "This year..." are replaced by "1935..." has no correlation with any legislative effort by the Nazis for gun registration, nor would there have been a need for the Nazis to pass such a law, since gun registration laws passed by the Weimar government were already in effect. The Nazi Weapons Law (or Waffengesetz) which further restricted the possession of militarily useful weapons and forbade trade in weapons without a government-issued license was passed on March 18, 1938.

Taken from http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcbogus.html

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Here are a few that I enjoy

"Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces."
    -Joseph T. Chew, "Usenet posting in talk.politics.guns"

and

"The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'"

-Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

From presidential candidate Barack Obama during a speech at Vernon Park Church of God in Chicago.

"If you want to hunt, go hunt. Nobody is trying to take your rifle or shotgun away."

I wonder what he thinks of CCW?
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

yea that old hitler one isnt true,
    are there any gun quotes from him or any of his wonderful people?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    yea that old hitler one isnt true,
    are there any gun quotes from him or any of his wonderful people?
    Theres a himmler one,let me see if I can find it before work time..

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. "
    -heinrich himmler

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

thanks!

found another

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to
    > > permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History
    > > teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject
    > > races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by
    > > doing so. - Adolf Hitler, April 11, 1942

This is from another website, but I liked it so here it is:

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx
    B. Adolph Hitler
    C. Joseph Stalin
    D. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin
    B. Mussolini
    C. Idi Amin
    D. None of the Above

3) "(We) ...can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev
    B. Josef Goebbels
    C. Boris Yeltsin
    D. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung
    B. Hugo Chavez
    C. Kim Jong Il
    D. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx
    B. Lenin
    C. Molotov
    D. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet
    B. Milosevic
    C. Saddam Hussein
    D. None of the above

Scroll down for answers

Answers

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
    6/29/2004
    (2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
    5/29/2007
    (3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
    6/4/2007
    (4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
    6/4/2007
    (5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
    6/4/2007
    (6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
    9/2/2005

Austin

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ill suggest you visit http://thehighroad.org/showthread.ph...avorite+quotes
    and http://thehighroad.org/showthread.ph...avorite+quotes
    for pros , you will find many more gems there than i would want to cut/paste here , and i wont take credit for the great thoughts .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Send me a PM with your email & I'll send you a word document that I have been adding to over the years....it's now over 122 pages!

Here are a few:
    Know guns, know peace, know safety.

No guns, no peace, no safety.

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". --Clair Wolfe

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." -- Frank Lloyd Wright

"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

George Mason said, "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public servants."

"The claim and exercise of a Constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." - Miller v US, 230 F 2d 486, 489.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus, Roman Historian 55-117 A.D.

"In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that falls, the cartridge box." - Steve Symms, U.S. Senator, Idaho

Luke 11:21 "When a man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are undisturbed."

"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.-Luke 22:35-37

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them..." - George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debate at 380.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers, pages 184-188.

"Arms in the hands of citizens [may] be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense..." - John Adams, A defense of the Constitutions of the Government of the USA, 471(1788)

"To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." - Richard Henry Lee writing in "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

The right of the people to bear arms is not ...in any manner dependent upon that instrument [The Constitution] for it's existence." - United States vs. Cruikshank, US Supreme Court, 1876.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

"The government turns every contingency into an excuse for enhancing power in itself. - John Adams

"No rights are respected but those that are maintained by force." - Chief Justice John Marshall

"...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.... Horrid mischief would ensue were [the law-abiding] deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

"Government big enough to supply everything that you need is big enough to take everything that you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin'. If you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick." -Clint Smith

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein, spoken by Mordan Claude in "Beyond This Horizon", 1942

"Today's liberals wish to disarm us so they can run their evil and oppressive agenda on us. The fight against crime is just a convenient excuse to further their agenda. I don't know about you, but if you hear that Williams' guns have been taken, you'll know Williams is dead." -Walter Williams, Professor of Economics, George Mason University
    From the ANTI side:
    "We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society." -Hillary Clinton, 1993

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all." -Nikita Khrushchev, February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the Communist Party

"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge where there is no river." -Nikita Khrushchev

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." --Heinrich Himmler

"Yes, I'm for an outright ban [on handguns]." -Pete Shields, Chairman emeritus, Handgun Control, Inc., 60 Minutes interview

"I honestly think and I am not an expert on the amendments I think the only people in this nation who should be allowed to own guns are police officers. I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, 'Sorry. It is 1999, we have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison.'" -Rosie O'Donnell, April 21, 1999

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in," I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here." -U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's "60 Minutes," February 5, 1995, speaking about her authorship of the 1994 "assault weapons" ban

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe." -U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, quoted by the Associated Press, November 18, 1993

"Every good Communist should know that political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. The Communist party must control the guns" -Mao Tse Tung

"The NRA is right...handgun controls do little to stop criminals from obtaining handguns." -Josh Sugarman, former communications director for the Coalition Against Gun Violence

The only way to discourage the gun culture is to remove the guns from the hands and shoulders of people who are not in the law enforcement business.-New York Times

The [American Academy of Pediatrics] believes handguns, deadly air guns and assault weapons should be banned.-American Association of Pediatrics

I don't know why people carry guns. Guns kill people.-Michael Bloomberg

For target shooting, that's okay. Get a license and go to the range. For defense of the home, that's why we have police departments. -James Brady

We must get rid of all the guns.-Sarah Brady

[P]eople who like assault weapons, they should join the United States Army; we have them. -Wesley Clark

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to own handguns and rifles that we are unable to think clearly about reality. -Bill Clinton

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.- Bill Clinton

The constitution is a radical document. It is the job of government to reign in people's rights. -Bill Clinton

If it was up to me, no one but law enforcement officers would own handguns... -Richard Daley

The national guard fulfills the the militia mentioned in the Second Amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves. -Dianne Feinstein

These automatic, semiautomatic handguns and assault weapons, they really have no place in our society. -Al Gore

One man with a gun can control 100 without one....Make mass searches and hold executions for found arms. -Vladimir I. Lenin

I don't care about crime, I just want to get the guns. -Howard Metzenbaum

...the only people who use them [so-called assault weapons] are mass murderers... -Charles Schumer

If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all! -Henry A. Waxman
    This is just a fraction of what's out there....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Wow. Lots of traitors out there huh?

Austin

The constitution is a radical document. It is the job of government to reign in people's rights. -Bill Clinton
    OK goaway farm. That one really scares me. I never heard that one before. Do you have a link where I can see the rest of what he said...... And didn't this guy raise his right hand and swear on the bible that he would defend the constitution??? And I suppose he claims that "I never had sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky."
    Wow
    CW

Any attribution on the supposed Clinton quotes?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links