High School Lockdown

This is a discussion on High School Lockdown within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by packinnova Perhaps they should post big signs out front that say "Bullet-free Zone"? Hmm...gee that'll help too. Seriously folks. Wake up and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High School Lockdown

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Perhaps they should post big signs out front that say "Bullet-free Zone"? Hmm...gee that'll help too. Seriously folks. Wake up and smell the sheeple drivel yer shovelin'. Some of you are starting to sound as bad as the folks on Communist News Network.

We've become a nation of pansies. We tell our children and those who we unwisely charge with their safety throughout the day to cringe at the sight of a small bullet on a sidewalk OUTSIDE. Then we tell them we'd rather them all herd together in big groups of fools and pretend nothing can hurt them because they're in a "locked" room full of other fools. It's the blind leading the blind.

Someone else mentioned triage. Please someone explain to me..LOGICALLY... why we need to be doing TRIAGE for school children. What? Getting at the root of the problem is too hard? Can't stomach it? Just about everyone here has made the decision to protect themselves via the one tool that is the last resort; the one tool that is the great equalizer. Yet, when it comes time to protect our children we're so quick to hand them over to damned fool sheeple that drill into them that their only way to survive is to herd together in a "locked" room with everyone else (and quite possibly the attacker) and hope the police stop the attacker before they all die.
    You do indeed to step back...a bit harse and condesending...one shoe does not fit all...as such, each school and environment have unique issues, some political and some the law. So please, I personally don't think that "we're so quick to hand them over to a damned fool sheeple" is really making your point nor the truth in general...nor a view of "the great equalizer". Curious if you travel to each school and each state to truly understand the dynamics...or is it more the lines of a sound bite.

Rick

2. Remove Ads

I need to chime in here...First, I think we can all agree that the article is poorly written at best. It gives no mention to the location of where the bullet was found other than a side walk...or to what condition it was in...(smashed from people stepping on it, corrosion do to it being outside for a long time, blah, blah, blah).

School lock downs I agree for the most part are downright stupid. Buttttt....if you were a school administrator, how would you handle 2000+ high schoolers in an "emergency"????

Your thoughts...???

VIP Member
    When I was in school it was not uncommon to see about a quarter of the rigs in the parking lot with rifles and shotguns in the rifle racks ...I had shells in all the pockets of my levi's,dropped em on the counter when sorting change for a lunch...the lunch ladies would laugh a tell me to bring em a rabbit and they would fix it up!Now days you would end up in prison.

“We have searched every locker in the building and all the areas and we are perfectly safe and secure,”
    ...until the next bullet shows up.

There was no emergency. A bullet on the sidewalk does not require a lockdown. A bullet in a gun in the hands of a deranged teen stomping through the school hallways is an emergency.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    A school lockdown is great IF you know there is a hostile with a gun, AND you know that person is NOT in the school. Otherwise you are terrorizing people or sacrificing innocents to CYA.

Personally, if there is an incident at or near my child's school, he is so much safer with me than locked in a room waiting to be executed.

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    I need to chime in here...First, I think we can all agree that the article is poorly written at best. It gives no mention to the location of where the bullet was found other than a side walk...or to what condition it was in...(smashed from people stepping on it, corrosion do to it being outside for a long time, blah, blah, blah).

School lock downs I agree for the most part are downright stupid. Buttttt....if you were a school administrator, how would you handle 2000+ high schoolers in an "emergency"????

Your thoughts...???
    This was not an emergency--I would have picked up the bullet and turned it over to the school RSO.

Done.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I think this was overboard.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links