What gun would you take? - Page 2

What gun would you take?

This is a discussion on What gun would you take? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think I'd have to go with a 22 as well. The way I figure with enough skill just about anything can be taken down ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think I'd have to go with a 22 as well. The way I figure with enough skill just about anything can be taken down with a 22 and I could carry several thousand rounds in a small backpack. And of course you could have fun shooting it without running out of ammo anytime soon.
    I am assumming we are talking about a deserted island with no possibility of ammo resupply?
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

JD
    Administrator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by S3ymour View Post
    In december a movie about this is coming out called I AM LEGEND with Will Smith, looks pretty cool.
    What!!!??? A guy left by himself wondering what gun to bring with him?

If that movie were about me having to make that choice it would be 8 hours long...but still more exciting than "Titanic"

I'd probably take a shotugn as noted above, it tends to be the do-all when you can only have one, and If I had to take a shotgun, I'd probably take a double barrel, less moving parts to break and still have two shots on tap.

Although in retrospect, a O/U rilfe shotgun combo would be nice to have also....

Can't you see why a movie about picking one gun would be better than Titanic? All the visualizations of what I could do with each type of gun is much more exciting than watching a boat sink and Jack drown...

Probably a shotgun. Too many "what ifs" to choose anything else. It can be used to harvest food, protection, signaling, and...we ALL how how effective they are on zombies and aliens.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Actually I think I might strongly consider a good shotgun. That is if I can have a combination of shells.....some slugs, buckshot, and BIRDSHOT. Those island birds passing over, might start to look pretty tasty.
    Totally on point! This is the best choice!! Of course I want a wide selection of ammo types and chokes, and a smooth bore, and a rifled barrel.

Does my demanding all these accessories defeat the purpose of this game?

If not than a shotgun is the best choice. Slugs for large game, bird shot for small game, and buck shot for zombies!

P.S.
    can we bring a cleaning kit?
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Pump-action 12ga. shotgun all the way. Even if you could have only one barrel you can still shoot slugs, buckshot and birdshot out of it giving you excellent versatility and reliability. I would prefer the pump over a double barrel because of the higher capacity, although I suppose the double barrel could be slightly more reliable.

Anyway, JMHO

Take care,

nasm

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I would want a Benelli semi-auto w/ unlimited ammo or that new full-auto shotgun.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar

i'd take

"A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

AK but I'd be alone so...hmm...
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Probably an AK
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    That looks like it'd knock your arm out of socket

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    (reliable) 12 ga. pump.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Vulcan cannon with the optional helicopter attachment.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

M4 or M1A.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Probably my 12ga. with a mixture of shot types...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would also take the old reliable AK-47. Best all around combat rifle ever designed.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links