Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

This is a discussion on Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know if there are any gamers on this forum, but I just picked up Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the Xbox ...

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I don't know if there are any gamers on this forum, but I just picked up Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the Xbox 360. I must say it is the most addicting first person shooter I have ever played. The guns, the combat, and everything in this game is phenominal. I like the fact that there are a few guns in the game that I own in my gun collection, the AK-47, M1911, and the Beretta M9. As you make your way through the ranks, you unlock different optics and accessories for your weapons, which is kinda cool. Anyway, just thought I'd share my love for this game!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

This game looks crazy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JC3UMJ2It4
    I only wish I had the time to play games these days. Maybe when my son is old enough I can game with him. Just know I'm very jealous Spyderdude.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

haven't Played it yet but its on my short list

I've got Call of Duty and United offense that I bought here in Germany, the swastikas (Hakenkreuz) are not in the game and I do find it interesting to hear German being spoken in place of english in the game, especially in the bombing raid when the pilot says "damned germans are coming back!" "Verdammnten Deutschen sind wieder hier!"

I will have to look at this new one :)
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of the COD series, and COD 4 is making me seriously consider building a new computer just to play it.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

that game looks awesome!! my favorite game currently is SWAT 4: The Setchkov Syndicate, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4OSrjSgV7Y, but it looks like this game may top it.

COD4 is awesome, except it's too short. I'm a CASUAL gamer...and I beat COM4 in 3 days on the "normal" setting. Now I'm going back in the expert mode. I think my favorite mission is playing as the gunner on the AC-130

The ending makes me glad I carry a 1911
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It does have a rather short story, but it makes up for it in multi-player.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

On the very fringe of the gaming community. I remember & played during the golden-age Atari & Odyessey2 days..HOLY CRAP - the graphics and game play has evolved so far in 25 years that it's phenomenal.

I just LOVE watching my friend play 'cause the entire expierience is mind-blowing. (I'll get familiar with the new-style, multi-button, multi-joystick set-up yet! )

Played the game earlier last week...wow!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I was eyeing COM4 the other day when buying Christmas presents for my sons the other day. I picked up Rainbow Six - Vegas instead. Handed it to my wife for her to wrap up for one of my stocking stuffers!! Of course, she just let it sit on the counter for a day or two before wrapping it up. I was very tempted to take the disk out and play it. I was a good boy however -- lol. I went to the range instead and shot for the afternoon:)
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

The Call of Duty series of games are very good and very addicting games.

I have been wanting the 4th installment now for a while, ever since I saw the promos for it this summer.

I will be getting it for either my birthday or Christmas this year. When that happens, you guys may not hear from me for a few days.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

this is what cha need with the 360 !....
    http://www.i-glassesstore.com/
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I'm a gamer, and yes Call of Duty 4 looks awesome cant wait to play it.

Links