Almost shot a dog today... - Page 2

Almost shot a dog today...

This is a discussion on Almost shot a dog today... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now, given the above statements, some (as there always are here) are probably going to say a gun wasn't needed. You won't get that from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost shot a dog today...

Now, given the above statements, some (as there always are here) are probably going to say a gun wasn't needed.
    You won't get that from me my friend. Dogs make wonderful pets and companions. But they are animals and have powerful jaw muscles and sharp teeth. Remember, dogs were a wild species at one time and as such had to be able to defend themselves with those jaw muscles and teeth and be able to kill to eat.

Dogs acting such as the one you describe are dangerous and should be considered a deadly weapon. Lethal force would clearly be justified. You did fine.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

In the end, dogs only do what their owners ALLOW them to do, or worse yet, TEACH them to do. To me, allowing a pet to run at large constitutes cruelty to animals. It's hypocritical to allow a dog to run and then profess to "love" it after it has been run over or shot for attacking other pets or humans. For some people, it's convenient to have a creature around that will love them even though they mistreat it and forget to feed or water it. It's easier than dealing with a human, who won't put up with maltreatment for very long.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links