How to loosen lug nuts?

This is a discussion on How to loosen lug nuts? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What is the best way to loosen those pesky stuck lug nuts? Ask this guy: http://kitsapsun.com/news/2007/nov/1...oosen-lug-nut/ SK Man Hurts Himself Trying to Loosen Lug Nut ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to loosen lug nuts?

How to loosen lug nuts?

What is the best way to loosen those pesky stuck lug nuts?

Ask this guy:

http://kitsapsun.com/news/2007/nov/1...oosen-lug-nut/

SK Man Hurts Himself Trying to Loosen Lug Nut -- With a Shotgun

SOUTH KITSAP

A 66-year-old man shot himself in both his legs Saturday afternoon while trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies were called to the residence on the 10800 block of SE Olympiad Drive at 2:57 p.m. after the shooting was reported to 911 emergency dispatchers, said Deputy Scott Wilson, a sheriff's office spokesman.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

South Kitsap Fire and Rescue medics treated the man at the scene. He was taken to Tacoma General Hospital. Wilson said his injuries were "severe but not life-threatening."

Deputies at the scene reported the man blasted "double-ought" buckshot at the wheel from "arm's length," Wilson said.

The deputies described the man's legs as "peppered" from his feet to his mid-abdomen with pellets, pieces of the wheel and other debris. Some injuries went as far up as his chin.

The man had been repairing the Lincoln Continental for two weeks, and had removed all the lug nuts on the right rear wheel except for one.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said, who did not know how long the man had been trying to free the lug nut.

The deputies did not take a statement from the man beyond what they were able to gather while he was being treated by medics.

"I don't think he was in any condition to say anything," Wilson said. "The pain was so severe, and the shock."

Darwin was just a few minutes late to this party...

2. Remove Ads

I'm not quite sure I even have words.....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    That's hilarious is so many respects. And sad in many more. But I still laughed.

The best comment to the story...
    He used 00 buck? Everyone knows he should have used a "Slug Wrench"
    He must be a recent graduate of the Wile E Coyote school of mechanics.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Changing a tire with a shotgun...hmmmm,I can't say what needs to be said so I'll shut up.....

M2
    To everyone else (because obviously it's too late for this guy), I've heard tell that Coca-Cola is a good lug nut loosener...

Cheers! M2

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I'm a fan of PB Blaster or similar solvent combined with a 6ft cheater bar I keep in the corner. I suppose a shotgun is a more direct approach...
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

This is also from the Kitsap Newspaper... makes me feel disgusted with one who has CCW License.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2007/n...football-game/

Gun Confiscated After Olympic Football Game
    Kitsap Sun staff
    Monday, November 5, 2007

An apparent dispute after Saturday night's football game at Olympic High School over a car backing into another led one man to grab his handgun, according to Sheriff's deputy reports.

Deputies confiscated a handgun from a 30-year-old Puyallup man after he allegedly took out the gun and cocked it while confronting two men he'd blocked from leaving the parking lot.

The man claimed the pair, 27- and 31-year-old Lakewood men, were in a car that backed into another while leaving. The man with the handgun pulled in front of them with his car to block them from leaving and said they should leave a note on the car they hit.

The two Lakewood men said they didn't realize they hit another car, reports said.

The man with the gun, who had a concealed-weapons permit and his 8-year-old daughter in the car, said he felt threatened by a larger man in the first car and grabbed the weapon.

A deputy told the man it was illegal to bring a weapon onto school grounds and confiscated the handgun. A report was sent to the Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office for possible charges of displaying a dangerous weapon with the intent to intimidate and possession of a dangerous weapon on school grounds, reports said.

The man was not arrested.

Comments
    Posted by salazarsa on November 5, 2007 at 9:44 p.m. (Suggest removal)

welcome to a blue state, give me a break.

Posted by rekabdp on November 6, 2007 at 7:15 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Ahhh.... Washington ..."California North"...

Posted by CKParents on November 6, 2007 at 1:03 p.m. (Suggest removal)

A very good friend of mine was right behind this incident.

What she saw - and what was reported are two different stories!!

She said the man who cut the other car off - went up to the car and started yelling at the driver. She said the driver of the other car only said to the man - what? I didn't hit a car?? Then the man with the gun returned to his car - took out the gun and held the gun sideways and pointed the gun at the driver and said, "IS this the way you want it to end". - Yelling at the driver - go back and tell them you hit their car!

She said it was very scary - and she thought for sure he was going to shoot those men!

The man with the gun was acting totally out of control - in a total rage!!

My friends teenage daughters were also in her car - witnessing the entire event and were very, very scared at the way the man with the gun was acting!!

It's amazing how his story of how things happened were so much different then what really happpened.

I am encouraging my friend to contact the Sheriff's Department to report what she saw - especially after reading this!

We sure don't want people showing up at our games acting this way! He should be banned from ever attending another School Event - Period!! If he can't control his temper - after such a small thing - why didn't he just call 911 and report the license number!! Why did he feel he needed to chase this car all over the parking lot - cutting him off - and then going back and pointing the gun sideways (like a gangster or something) at these two men!! HE even had it cocked!! What would have happened if he would have discharged that gun!

Is a man's life worth a fender bender?? I don't think so!!

Just my thoughts!

Posted by 27yearoldfromLakewood on November 6, 2007 at 8:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)

If anyone else saw this, please let the Sherrif know. If anyone can find out what car was hit I would apperciate it. There was only a little rubber to wipe off my car, so you may not even notice it. I am sorry if anyone else was scared, I know I didn't blink for two hours. I am also not so sure about going to anymore Cental Kitsap or Vikings games.

Post your comment
    (Requires free registration.)

I've known someone to use door breacher rounds to cut a fence post from under a truck that was stuck after going off road...but what was he thinking he was going to accomplish by discharging a shotgun into his wheel?

I'm guessing..duhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 12th, 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Edited language workaround
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

The dummy. You always stand to the left when you use a 12 gauge to take off a wheel nut!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Sounds like the results of another, "hold my beer, and watch this".
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

ugh!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Administrator
    It's never a good idea to fire a shotgun at your nuts.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Your right OKShooter...that may result in,in in....ah never mind....

Surgeon General Warning : Firing a shotgun at your nuts may result in reproductive harm and/or rejection from women.

what a moron...
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

I bet I know what he gets for Christmas.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links