Global Warming Greatest Scam In History

This is a discussion on Global Warming Greatest Scam In History within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nice posts, QK. No arguments here! Al Gore = Nobel Prize? Gimma a break!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Greatest Scam In History

Nice posts, QK. No arguments here! Al Gore = Nobel Prize? Gimma a break!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    One volcanic eruption spews more "greenhouse gases" than all of mankind has produced since Noah.
    One mid size volcanic eruption put about 10 years worth of man made "greenhouse gases" (GHG.) There are 5-6 eruptions per year.

So lets add up the figures, and I will be conservative. 1 eruption = 5 years of GHG. With 5 eruptions X 5 years = 25 years worth of GHG in a year of eruptions. It was in the late 70's early 80's the "experts" predicted global cooling. So in the last say over the last 25 years, volcanos have put 625 years worth of GHG into the atmospheres. The industrial revolution started about 200 years ago.

So unless my public educated brain is all screwed up. Natural production of GHG has a 425 year head start on us humans. Lets not incur any brain damage calculating the past 2 million + years the earth has had volcanic activity.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

EW3
    Anything that is promoted by the UN is bogus to me.

"Global Warming" is nothing more than a push by the UN and their supporters like Al Gore for global wealth redistribution.

Sadly, I think is is too late, as was mentioned here before, if you oppose it, then you are some sort of heretic. Our kids are being brainwashed into this as we speak.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    China and other countries support the global warming scam because they know the treaties will hit the US hard, and they will benefit (as a matter of fact, China and India are exempt from the Kyoto treaty).

The latest from the global warming front is that scientists are finding Viking settlements under what was covered by glaciers. The ice shelf in Antartica is growing. Most of the CO2 in the atmosphere is produced by naturally occuring bacteria.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    During this time, Greenland (which was actually green during this warm period) was settled near the end of the 10th century.
    From 1000-3000 CE, the colony flourished: a cathedral was built, a monastery and a nunnery existed, and more than 3,000 colonist lived on 300 farms.
    Not doubting the thrust of the quote, QK, but considering that we are just now in the year 2007 CE, it seems unlikely that we can say much at all about Viking settlements in Greenland in 3,000 CE. At least not with any certainty...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

When the heck is 1000- 3000 years "CE"? I know of 1492 AD or 1776 AD? I never heard of CE being used before?

VIP Member
    CE is the Common Era, otherwise known as AD. BC is also known as Before Common Era, or BCE. The BCE/CE years are counted in exactly the same way as the BC/AD years (both being based on the Gregorian calendar and neither having a year 0), BCE/CE just takes the religious connotation out of the naming convention.

My point was that 3,000 CE is almost 1,000 years in the future. I'm sure it was just a typo, but I found it amusing...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    yep, should be BCE...somebody goofed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    yep, should be BCE...somebody goofed.
    No, it shouldn't be BCE either - the Vikings were there from around 1,000 to 1,300 CE...

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    CE is the Common Era, otherwise known as AD. BC is also known as Before Common Era, or BCE. The BCE/CE years are counted in exactly the same way as the BC/AD years (both being based on the Gregorian calendar and neither having a year 0), BCE/CE just takes the religious connotation out of the naming convention.

My point was that 3,000 CE is almost 1,000 years in the future. I'm sure it was just a typo, but I found it amusing...
    I was going to post a reply about the "religious connotation out of the naming convention" and tie that to the foolishness of global warming. However, I decided that it might not meet the rules of the forum. I will, instead, just say that mankind is stupid to think that we have that much influence on our planet. Granted, we do things that muck up the environment from time to time, but the effects are not permanent. Water purifies itself, eventually. Even weapons grade uranium has a half life. Just like the human body, the earth and the climate work in cycles as created (menstrual cycle, Kreb's cycle, lunar cycle, seasons, water cycle, etc.). It will warm, then it will cool. Just because it is not in one human lifetime doesn't mean it won't happen. Besides, why haven't we heard any more about this hole in the ozone layer that is going to kill us all? Another cycle?
    No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    ---Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution, 1776.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

Okay, but what was wrong about simply using BC-AD? I think it is a shame that ALL references to religion are being erased from our history. Most, if not all cultures formed some sort of religion, none that I know of were totally atheistic. Which I believe shows Man's innate knowledge of a Creator. IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Okay, but what was wrong about simply using BC-AD? I think it is a shame that ALL references to religion are being erased from our history. Most, if not all cultures formed some sort of religion, none that I know of were totally atheistic. Which I believe shows Man's innate knowledge of a Creator. IMHO!
    I'm the last guy to be politically correct, but I believe the point is that not all cultures are Christian. We could do 'BM' for the Muslims, but man that doesn't sound right.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Senior Moderator
    Hmmm, it appears we're drifting from global warming to discussing issues with religious overtones. The frequent consequences of this is just not worth it, so let's get back on topic.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

It's amazing the emotion that's wrapped up in this argument, so much of it fueled by the right wingers' hatred of Al Gore. They hate him even more every time he's proven right, and the awards just make them go berserk.

This topic shows up here every now and then and the argument becomes more and more shrill. The overwhelming evidence from legitimate science demonstrates that humans are in fact contributing to climate change. How much and the ultimate result, we'll find out, eventually. That's the one thing to be sure of, that the evidence is in fact, physical.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

humans account for i think 3% of all 'carbon emissions'.
    forget banning SUVs. lets ban vulcanoes!
    not to mention that all this carbon is an effect of global warming, not the cause of global warming. anyone else take a good look at that %C & T vs time graph that everyone is so crazy about? ever notice that the %C goes up a few hundred years after the temp goes up? the earth warms, the oceans warm, they emit carbon. i have had enough thermodynamics classes to know colder water will dissolve a lot more C then warm water.
    that along with the fact that we are coming out an ice age. the earth is still way colder than it has been in the past. to think that we are causing the doom of this earth is just silly. it is a political and religious movement. people like al gore make millions off of this whole thing. i have been around academia enough to know that scientist decide what to research, and decide on the results based on what funding is avaliable. everyone wants to think that we are destroying the earth, so if i do research which shows that this is true, i will be rich and famous. if i do research on this and show that it is false, there goes all my funding and my fame.
    most people have NO idea how many wonderful scientists have disproved this whole human made global warming thing because you dont hear about them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links