Global Warming Greatest Scam In History - Page 3

Global Warming Greatest Scam In History

This is a discussion on Global Warming Greatest Scam In History within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 Global warming is another humanist religion--if you deny it, you are a heretic. More liberal propaganda....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Greatest Scam In History

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Global warming is another humanist religion--if you deny it, you are a heretic.
    More liberal propaganda.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I guess I'm one of those that consider humans to be the most dangerous animal on the planet. I'm not a tree hugger but we destroy more of this planet than any infestation in history.

Senior Moderator
    Most dangerous in what way?

What part(s) of the planet have we destroyed?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    2. If our government is manipulating data to support this hoax, why have researchers from dozens and dozens of other nations jumped on the bandwagon. Let's look at China: A hugely growing economy and industry that can grow even faster if they ignore global warming and emissions. Yet the Chinese government has jumped on the wagon. This is, make no mistake, the most hostile nation in the world toward the US that could be a threat. So are they collaborating with our government to pull a prank? CONTROLLING EMISSIONS CUTS INTO ANY NATIONS' GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT.

-Global warming is real.

Al Gore is part owner in a company that sells the bogus "Carbon Credits" He profits off of all carbon credits that are sold through that company.
    GE (General Electric) is gobbling up millions upon millions of carbon credits which are now practically worthless. Should this hoax continue and legislation be enacted, GE and Al Gore (among others) stand to make unimaginable profits off of the carbon credit scam.
    To think that planting a few trees negates the effects that flying a plane cross country is stupid, naive and a scam.
    Sure there is global warming. To be exact I believe it about .01 degree in the past 100 years. To think that humans have any measurable affect on it is egotistical and naive.
    Remember the 'coming ice age' that was touted in the 70's. What happened? Duh....
    It was a scam. People profit off of it. Scientists get grants for studies, etc.
    Twenty years from now the world will realize it was all bogus. Only by then, many will have profited immensly off of it. Stupid legislation will have been enacted and economies will have been negativly affected.
    Sure, I agree we need to get past the use of fossil fuels for power. But let's not be stupid about it.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Most dangerous in what way?

What part(s) of the planet have we destroyed?
    Look at the rivers that are so polluted now that you can't safely swim in them. Look at the animals hunted to extinction and near extinction for their furs and "medicinal" properties (no I'm not against regulated hunts which actually help animal survival). Look at the smog that is now affecting areas outside large cities. Are we causing "global warming"? I think the jury is still out on that but I believe it's possible.

one thing my brother (quite a liberal) once said that made my laugh out loud.
    "we may not know if it is true or not, but if it IS true and we dont do anything about it, the consequences are terrible, while if it isnt true and we do do something about it, no harm is done"
    this made me laugh for 2 reason.
    1. this is the EXACT same thing that many religious people say. well if its true and you dont believe, you go to hell. and if its not true and you do believe, so what. now i am somewhat religious, dont get me wrong. but what really made me laugh is that my brother is not. he was using the same tactics as someone who he does not believe
    2. harm IS done by doing something about it. just because someone has good intentions doesnt mean they are doing a good thing. a good example of this is the oil spill which occurred. there were so many people that felt terrible because we hurt the environment, we got ducks covered in oil. so they worked hard to clean it up. spent more $ that i would like to think about trying to make it right. and look at this area of the ocean now. every place where us humans tried to clean up the oil is now DEAD. there isnt even bacteria living there. we completely killed it by trying to clean up the oil. the places that had oil and we didnt clean up are now doing just fine.
    i dont want to know how much $ and time is being wasted on this global warming thing

Senior Moderator
    ronwill,

Given today's technology, how could these things be avoided?

For example, what if electric vehicles were available, practical, and everybody drove one, would GHG (green houses gases) be reduced?

I think not, I think it would go up. While EVs themselves appear to be pollution free, generating the energy to recharge them would be poluting. Why? Because everyone would have to recharge their EVs which would require generating plants to generate more energy, and they are one of the largest producers of GHGs.

I'm sure in favor for wise use of natural resources, but humans do have to live.

Administrator
    What until we really get out into space.

Our motto will be:

The Human Race...Destroying Our Universe...One Solar System At A Time!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    I think the percentage is that 95+% of all of the various living species that have ever existed on Planet Earth were wiped out AKA went extinct before Man was ever on the planet.

So actually (by far) the biggest enemy and destroyer of "Life on Earth" is the Earth itself and then we are second I guess.

Remember what oil is. It is liquified trees and organic material. Yes, it's black and slippery and when it leaks out "all at one time" it's (obviously) quite hazardous to marine life and wildlife.
    Oil is basically liquid Solar energy.

But, petroleum oil itself is NOT a pollutant of the ocean.
    Well, it IS but, it's also a naturally occurring one.
    In areas where oceans and seas now cover what were once vegetation and tree-covered land masses MUCH underground crude oil leaks into the oceans all by itself.

Never said I was a tree hugger, just said that we are the most dangerous animal alive today. We've done things in the name advancement that has harmed both the ecology and other humans. These are things we need to learn from and find better ways. Whether you believe it or not, natural resources on Earth are limited. Could we have done things differently in the past? Maybe not. Most things were done for improvement but some things were done deliberately, even after studies showed what the consequences were going to be. Many of these things simply for the almighty dollar.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Al has a carbon footprint like Sasquatch...
    hahahaha omg goooooood stuff.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Administrator
    No - You are not a "Tree Hugger" if you want to take positive and common sense conservation measures to help insure a continuing supply of natural resources and cleaner oceans, rivers, lakes etc. And we do have a responsibility as the Higher Up life form to make certain that we do not wipe out entire species of wildlife.
    I spend time out in the deep woods myself and I try very hard to leave nothing behind but, my footprints.
    Which are not Carbon Footprints. They are Size 11 boot footprints.

You are a Tree Hugger if you would rather see a human being die than have an Oak tree cut down.

Senior Moderator
    ronwill,
    Didn't take you as a tree hugger in any sense; I'm pretty sure I know where you're coming from and don't disagree that humans have done some things that we shouldn't have, sometimes in ignorance, sometimes knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    ... Many of these things simply for the almighty dollar.
    That's still being done - now in the name of global warming.

In the case of global warming, literally billions of dollars stand to be made if people can be convinced they are the cause of global warming.

NASA recently said they had detected an increase in the sun's temperature. What would that do? Would it increase the temperature of Mars and the earth? Yes. It is extremely interesting that the temperature of the earth and Mars is going up at the exact same time.

Oh, BTW, I am a tree hugger - I climb trees for fun and exercise. When I get high (meaning up a tree) I do a lot of hugging.

Administrator
    What are they talking about as far as actual "overall warming" goes 1/6 of a degree over the next 50 years?

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I always get a kick out of those that say we humans are destroying the environment, as if we are not part of nature and the environment. We change the environment, but so does the presence of every species on the planet!

As for global warming, it is based on the same flawed programs that predicted the next ice age in the '70's, that miserably fails to predict the number of hurricanes, that can't predict the weather a week away. The reality of these programs is that clouds are not included in the programs (too hard to program, apparently) and if you put weather data in from decades ago, they do not predict the climate we have today.

We are in an interglacial period, which means warmer weather until the start of the next glacial period, which means sheets of ice covering most of the world.

Look, temps have gone up what, one degree? The 6 innermost planets of our solar system are all experiencing global warming. Is it more reasonable to say our CO2 emissions are causing global warming or it is the same thing (the Sun) that is warming the other 5 innermost planets in our solar system?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links