Global Warming Greatest Scam In History - Page 4

Global Warming Greatest Scam In History

This is a discussion on Global Warming Greatest Scam In History within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by AutoFan We change the environment, but so does the presence of every species on the planet! Yeah, just look what the ferrets ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Greatest Scam In History

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    We change the environment, but so does the presence of every species on the planet!
    Yeah, just look what the ferrets have done to the rainforests!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I'm not convinced we have caused global warming either. I do believe it's possible and some studies are deserved. As for every species on earth changing the environment, if that's true it's not to the extent we have. Name another species that makes chemicals and dumps residue into the rivers and oceans, even after finding out the results of doing so. Name another species that will go on an all out killing spree beause one of them was swimming in the ocean and attacked by a shark, or kill another animal for it's tusks or fur. Name another animal that would kill buffalo and leave the carcasses to rot simply because it harmed other humans who were the original inhabitants of the area. No one wants to be the bad guy here, however, we must understand the impact our actions sometimes have and possibly find better ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    ronwill,

Given today's technology, how could these things be avoided?

For example, what if electric vehicles were available, practical, and everybody drove one, would GHG (green houses gases) be reduced?

I think not, I think it would go up. While EVs themselves appear to be pollution free, generating the energy to recharge them would be poluting. Why? Because everyone would have to recharge their EVs which would require generating plants to generate more energy, and they are one of the largest producers of GHGs.

I'm sure in favor for wise use of natural resources, but humans do have to live.
    Modern US power plants can make enery more efficiently (watt for watt) than your car. The emissions per watt are also much lower.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

EW3
    I am no math whiz (actually hate it with a passion!), but a friend of mine who works as a statistician put it this way. He is convinced that the whole notion of humans causing global warming by looking at statistics is flawed. According to him the sample size (ie the few hundred years we can look back at, in records) is TOO SMALL to quantitatively say "humans did it".
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I think the percentage is that 95+% of all of the various living species that have ever existed on Planet Earth were wiped out AKA went extinct before Man was ever on the planet.

So actually (by far) the biggest enemy and destroyer of "Life on Earth" is the Earth itself and then we are second I guess.

Remember what oil is. It is liquified trees and organic material. Yes, it's black and slippery and when it leaks out "all at one time" it's (obviously) quite hazardous to marine life and wildlife.
    Oil is basically liquid Solar energy.

But, petroleum oil itself is NOT a pollutant of the ocean.
    Well, it IS but, it's also a naturally occurring one.
    In areas where oceans and seas now cover what were once vegetation and tree-covered land masses MUCH underground crude oil leaks into the oceans all by itself.
    Just a question that has intrigued me for some time now; Since petroleum is "made from" vegetation, is it then a renewable resource? The Earth's ecology theoretically isn't that much different than it was "millions of years" ago.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    It's amazing the emotion that's wrapped up in this argument, so much of it fueled by the right wingers' hatred of Al Gore. They hate him even more every time he's proven right, and the awards just make them go berserk.
    IT'S A SCAM! Get it.
    Al Gore has not been proven right. Just because one makes the statement, "the debate is over", doesn't make ones views right. Especially when there was never a debate. It's so laughable when I hear one of the pro global warming people say in effect, 'All of the scientists that agree that we are the cause of global warming agree that we are the cause of global warming'. They mention nothing of the thousands of scientists that are not in agreement.
    On top of that, Al Gore nor any of the global warming crazies will debate any of the noted climatologists on the issue. They just say, "the debate is over".

Oh, but maybe I might be wrong about Al Gore. I mean, he did invent the internet, right?

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Okay guys, I used to get involved in this debate but some posters are right. Its a lot of liberal hatred on an issue that isn't neccesarily ALL ABOUT politics. I'm not an expert by any sense, but I've seen both sides on the issue. I was settled by this video. Watch all the episodes. Fascinating stuff how they pull apart Gore's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3L0wyPjGY
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    I am no math whiz (actually hate it with a passion!), but a friend of mine who works as a statistician put it this way. He is convinced that the whole notion of humans causing global warming by looking at statistics is flawed. According to him the sample size (ie the few hundred years we can look back at, in records) is TOO SMALL to quantitatively say "humans did it".
    Well, I am an engineering mathematician and your friend is absolutely correct. More than that, the premise that CO2 emissions causes global warming is ridiculous in the extreme. First, the evidence shows that CO2 levels increase after warming has occurred. The global warming enthusiasts confuse correlation with causation. It can be demonstrated, however, that an increase in CO2 will cause warming. But that does not explain the measurements with any degree of confidence and staistically can be viewed as random noise.

More importantly, the largest chemical contribution to warming is water vapor, yes good ol' H20. Not carbon emissions but plain water vapor. The ratio of warming contribution is about 95% water vapor, 3% carbon emissions.

The entire man made global warming argument is unfounded and wihout any credible scientific support. It is a scam.

Lastly, even the measurement are hugely inaccurate. Today, we are able to precisely measure terperatures on well calibrated test equipment to hundreths of a degree. One hundred years ago, if they could get to within a degree, it was a great accomplishment. Comparing the measurements is comparing the equipment: apples and oranges.

Even more lastly, the climate simulations are simply computer programs that will always show the bias of programmers. They predict the future climate slightly better than your local weather man can predict the whether it will rain next week.

In short summary, Al Gore is brillant. Anyone who can gain such notoriety and acclaim on a faulty premise with no credible evidence is worthy of a Nobel Peace prize.

The hoax continues...

Senior Moderator
    I'm my short lifetime, the great minds of science have predicted that we would go from freezing to death to burning up.

I still heat my house in the winter and cool it in the summer...so its not as bad as it's made out to be.

What I really want to know is this..

How many of the Scientists that support global warming are operating from Government funds or grants?

and...

How many of the Scientists that DON'T support it are working from private funds?

I'd be willing to bet that the ones that are living off of the government ***** that support it are a much higher percentage than those that don't.

Al Gore is brilliant. His useful idiots are making him rich. I watched him support his ideas on TV and to watch him and Hillary coddle each other made me physically ill. I felt like I was going to puke for 3 days straight.

Knowing that he "invented" the Internet, is enough for me. Fact of the matter is... if global warming were an HONEST assessment, he or Hillary wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Guys - two articles you may be interested to read from JPFO - both by Neil Smith, a regular contributor there. He exposes the hoax aspect and also brings in some other interesting perspectives.

First is ''Global Warning (and guns)" - and also read the new one, ''The Big One''.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Weather Channel Founder:
    Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

By Noel Sheppard | November 7, 2007 - 17:58 ET

Our planet is not in peril.
    I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious.
    I read this a few days ago and agreed 100%. I'm a meteorologist and I too think this whole thing is lunacy. Reminds me of how even the greatest German scientists were following Hitler's beliefs on the German race back in the late 30s and 40s.

If the science behind the theory were actually plausible, I could see how many scientists would have a reason to believe the theory, but there is no reliable scientific evidence to even back the theory, which makes the whole debate pointless to begin with. There's lots of government money being given out to researchers, which makes me think there are scientists willing to sell out their intelligence.

If it were scientific fact, everyone would agree. Proven fact is undeniable.
    This theory is pure fallacy.
    David
    from LA

I have 5 guns.

As with most "activist" lunacy "Follow The Money" is IMHO the best explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    IT'S A SCAM! Get it.
    Al Gore has not been proven right. Just because one makes the statement, "the debate is over", doesn't make ones views right. Especially when there was never a debate. It's so laughable when I hear one of the pro global warming people say in effect, 'All of the scientists that agree that we are the cause of global warming agree that we are the cause of global warming'. They mention nothing of the thousands of scientists that are not in agreement.
    On top of that, Al Gore nor any of the global warming crazies will debate any of the noted climatologists on the issue. They just say, "the debate is over".

Oh, but maybe I might be wrong about Al Gore. I mean, he did invent the internet, right?
    No shrill invective here, huh?

I think this is a great example of the types of emotional arguments people make. Just the mention of Al Gore sends them into apoplexy.

By the way, it also contains the tired old comment about Al Gore and the internet. He never said he invented it. The right-wingers made it up and the mainstream press went along with it, as they did on quite a few lies in the 2000 election.

On the other hand, Al Gore's strong support for development of the internet technology is something everyone who uses the net should appreciate -- even (maybe especially) those who use it to trash him.

This is typical of most global warming discussions on internet forums. Totally polarized. Of course, I shouldn't expect anything else when the topic begins by essentially calling everyone who supports the concept of humans affecting global climate change scam artists. I could have just the same result by calling those who refuse to accept it cave-dwelling luddites. That wouldn't serve to convince anyone either, or promote civil discourse, but then the goal is usually just to stir things up, and it's quick and easy to do so by hurling insults.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

This is typical of most global warming discussions on internet forums. Totally polarized. Of course, I shouldn't expect anything else when the topic begins by essentially calling everyone who supports the concept of humans affecting global climate change scam artists. I could have just the same result by calling those who refuse to accept it cave-dwelling luddites. That wouldn't serve to convince anyone either, or promote civil discourse, but then the goal is usually just to stir things up, and it's quick and easy to do so by hurling insults.

Indeed, I too have noticed that not only do the non-believers not believe, but if you do believe or even acknowledge that the evidence is not 100% in their way of thinking, you are a poopy-head. That is the final argument that I have no comeback to. Therefore, they must be right.

I realize that I probably sound like I firmly on the side of "Humans has killed us all," but thats not the case. But I can't help but debate a bit with those who have no question that either A. there is no global warming or B. Humans have done nothing to alter global warming. Stating either of these statements as fact has no place in a scientific argument. To be fair, neither do the statements C. Humans have caused global warming or D. Global warming will destroy the planet we know.

Me? I'll save my name calling for the anti-gunners. But I will say that anyone who can't entertain that there is evidence to each theory isn't qualified to speak on behalf of either.

PS. I am not pro or Anti al gore. But I am anti-oil and anti-pollution for a number of reasons.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

No shrill invective here, huh?

Sure, if we debate global warming through the political perspective, this is what we end up with- no winner. If we debate using scientific facts, there is no debate- there is no global warming (caused by man). It's a scam. It can't be anything else, since there is zero evidence supporting it. Sure people prop up evidence, but upon close inspection, the evidence is always wrong.

I would not accuse Al Gore is being a scam artist if he told me the planets revolve around the sun or water freezes at 0 C. But anyone who tries to convince me that global warming must be dealt with, or it's something we're causing and/or making worse, well, I can only laugh. It's the same thing if someone tried to convince you the earth is flat, or we faked the moon landing. You'd never take the thought seriously, and you'd feel foolish even attempting to debate it.

We shouldn't call everyone who has fallen for this idiots. Most simply don't have the education to know unreliable data from reliable. Further confusing the matter are a few scientists who are in on this falsehood. But the people who are at the top of this heap, pushing the agenda, are the real scam artists. Everyone else are simply duped.

I do run into people that believe the global warming myth with all their heart, but I've yet to run into a colleague that believes it.
    David
    from LA

I have 5 guns.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links