How Many Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

This is a discussion on How Many Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unless you change 10,000 light bulbs a year like I do, your opinion is irrelevant. Once you change that many you’ll know that only GE ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

JT
    Unless you change 10,000 light bulbs a year like I do, your opinion is irrelevant. Once you change that many you’ll know that only GE light bulbs are combat worthy.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2. Remove Ads

JT Unless you change 10,000 light bulbs a year like I do, your opinion is irrelevant. Once you change that many you’ll know that only GE light bulbs are combat worthy.
    Today 11:54 AM
    MR D but did you follow the "four rules"?

if not - shame on you

()
    Today 11:49 AM
    pgrass101 Light bulbs, or lamps are unnesscary we do not need them. All of our lighting can be provided by candles and oil lamps just as the framers of our Constituion had. The oblivily didn't intend for us to use electricity.
    Today 11:38 AM
    4my son Also banned is track lighting, it allows to much freedom in placement and directional control of your light output. It makes it to easy to "spray" the room with light.

And I am an industry professional, The proper term is "Lamp" the "Lamp" is installed into a "Fixture" or "Light Fixture" or even some of the smaller simple units are referred to as a "Lamp Holder". The upper end Lamp makers are Phillips, and Sylvania, but beware of the cheap crap coming out of China.

I agree, the LED lamps are superior, someone actually invented a higher performance unit with reduced recoil. It's not just a gimmick people.
    Today 11:18 AM
    Miggy As for lampshades, you like them IWB or OWB?
    Today 09:22 AM
    CarryingMarine I want one of those touch pad power switches.....tap on tap tap tap off.......
    Today 09:11 AM
    CopperKnight Are lasers technically lights? They are high intensity and pinpoint accurate. You could take out an eye with one of those things.

They should be banned along with lamps with two or more of the non-necessary features:

-dimmable switch
    -multiple bulb sockets
    -brass attachments
    -lampshade (light suppressor)
    -a socket that can support any fancy shaped bulb.
    Today 08:33 AM
    rabywk I'm just trying to figure out what QK is trying to say!

He is completely off base on this one. We never run ourselves in circles here. We are always polite and agree with everyone.

QK thanks, that was a good way to start the morning.
    Today 08:21 AM
    SIGguy229 Quote:
    Originally Posted by simon
    Who is going to be in charge of the on/off switch?

Don't like manual safeties....I use a SIGbulb...always on
    Today 08:13 AM
    JD .......ready for it........here it comes......

L.E.D.s ARE BETTER, YOUR LIGHTBULBS ARE JUNK!
    Me too:
    Colt Officers ACP
    Smith & Wesson 649-5
    Smith & Wesson 637-2

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

How many forum members to change a light bulb?

Only 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

...and a partridge in a freakin' pear tree.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

My brother inlaws second cousin who knows this lawyer whos son cut grass for this guy who knew a woman whos boss has this guy thats certified to relplace bulbs says before changing any light bulb, lightbulb or lamp illuminator you should first watch this educational video.
    http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-change-a-light-bulb
    Think twice
    Buy once!

They forgot the guy to jump in and ask, "Shouldn't this be made a sticky" so the other guy could jump in with "Always read the stickies before you ask, it has been covered."
    What Would Gumby Do?

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Distinguished Member
    If the light-bulbs won't cooperate, and come out, can you tasser them with 50,000 volts?????

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    They forgot the guy to jump in and ask, "Shouldn't this be made a sticky" so the other guy could jump in with "Always read the stickies before you ask, it has been covered."

Why make it sticky, that would make your hands all gooey when you try to change it!!
    Oh, you meant "Sticky", sorry, I thought you said "Sticky"
    Think twice
    Buy once!

You guys have me confused...watt are you all taking about?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

did we forget 1 mad administrator to post the last response stating this has nothing to do with CC and lock it down, or did we get that one?
    Think twice
    Buy once!

How many carry the bulbs IWB? and how many carry OWB? and does anyone use a smartcarry for their bulb?

An actual light bulb change will seldom be as clean as the textbook explains it. Besides being able to present your strong side glove from various positions, it's important to have a backup glove weak side, a broomstick for extracting the remains of a broken bulb, and a flathead screwdriver (to work on the switch) for those cases where the use of changing force isn't justified. Paramount, of course, is being aware at all times of whether or not it is dark in the room.
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

I break 2 or 3 before I get the sucker in anyway. Maybe I need some more forum members!

Senior Moderator
    One lawyer to advise anyone that breaks one and gets cut that he can successfuly SUE the offending manufacturer...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I carry a 100 watt strong side with a GE holster at 4:00 @ 60 Hz which gives me a velocity of 186,000 MPS, which creates an impact at target of 1750 lumens. My BUL is a LED with 12.75 volts DC which only gives me 214 lumen at the target. I know its kind of underpowered for a BUL, but its something to use for an emergency.
    All I can say is, watch out darkness!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links