Anyone work/own a gun shop

This is a discussion on Anyone work/own a gun shop within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A few moths ago I was driving by a rather upscale gun shop, and when I looked in the parking lot there was a fellow ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone work/own a gun shop

A few moths ago I was driving by a rather upscale gun shop, and when I looked in the parking lot there was a fellow on the pavement with a store employee sitting on top. At first I thought it was a class on how to do restraints, but then I noticed there were no students. Turns out a customer had asked to see a handgun, the clerk handed it over, and the fellow headed out the door. The clerk was holding the customer until the local cops could get there.

Now, when a customer asks to see a sidearm, the clerk locks the slide open and drops the magazine and hangs onto it before handing over the weapon.
    I'm so glad I do not work in retail any more...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Wow... can't wait. I used to work in loss prevention so hopefully that will give me some sort of edge?
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GBS View Post
    A few moths ago I was driving by a rather upscale gun shop, and when I looked in the parking lot there was a fellow on the pavement with a store employee sitting on top. At first I thought it was a class on how to do restraints, but then I noticed there were no students. Turns out a customer had asked to see a handgun, the clerk handed it over, and the fellow headed out the door. The clerk was holding the customer until the local cops could get there.

Now, when a customer asks to see a sidearm, the clerk locks the slide open and drops the magazine and hangs onto it before handing over the weapon.
    I'm so glad I do not work in retail any more...

For me I always rack the slide back to slide lock, but I ALWAYS leave the mag in the gun. To me it serves two purposes:

1) It lets them know that the gun and mag are clear upon visual inspection of the gun

2) ITS FOR MY SAFETY!!! If I leave that mag in the gun then its one more step the person must take before they can load that gun with anymore than one bullet. I know that if that mag drops out, that they are either just checking that mag release or they are up to no good. I have gotten good at hearing or seeing that finger hit the release. But if I take that same mag out of said gun before handing it over to the person they slap a fully loaded mag in and they have a hot pistol ready for action.

take my advice as you want, but this works for me
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

If you are looking for discounts on guns and ammo look at getting a job in the hunting department at sportsmans warehouse. After 90 days of employment you get six pro forms per year. Most companies do a really nice pro form some don't. You buy factory direct from the manufacturer at a steep discount. You can pro form one gun per company per year with a max of six pro forms. I bought 3 guns this way all below distributer cost. Ammo discount is decent, 10% off retail. I think there is a store in Phoenix if I remember correctly. Its no mom and pop, but you get to handle a lot of different guns and there are usually some knowledgeable people behind the counter.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links