Racoon vs Nailgun

This is a discussion on Racoon vs Nailgun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21791520/?gt1=10547 HUNTSVILLE, Ark. - A high school teacher killed a raccoon with a nail gun after discovering the planned subject of a skinning demonstration was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racoon vs Nailgun

Racoon vs Nailgun

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21791520/?gt1=10547

HUNTSVILLE, Ark. - A high school teacher killed a raccoon with a nail gun after discovering the planned subject of a skinning demonstration was alive.

Superintendent Alvin Lievsay said a student's parent promised to bring in a raccoon for the exercise, but surprised teacher Jerick Hutchinson by bringing the animal in a live trap. Lievsay said Hutchinson, "who used to work in a slaughter house," took the animal outside to the back of his truck Friday and shot it with the nail gun. Lievsay said no students witnessed the raccoon's death.

"He used the nail gun to, as they say, to dispatch the animal," Lievsay said. "It wasn't like he held a nail gun against the head of a cute little animal in front of the class."

Hutchinson used the dead raccoon to demonstrate how to skin the animal and to examine the contents of its stomach. Lievsay said only one student asked not to attend the skinning.

Lievsay said officials at Huntsville High School later talked with Hutchinson and told him not to kill animals on school grounds. The superintendent said Hutchinson, one of two agriculture teachers at the school about 30 miles east of Fayetteville, also would provide more detailed lesson plans in the future.

"He does a great job. The kids love him," Lievsay said.

And this is where my kids went to school...don't get any more redneck than that!

2. Remove Ads

That goes under "your teacher may be a redneck if..."
    wow...blastin a coon with a nailgun...don't think I have heard that before...

Arkansas caliber

Yep, got him with that 12 penny hollowpoint

Good thing he had a nail gun in his truck. Those things are tough if you're trying to beat them to death...

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    That goes under "your teacher may be a redneck if..."
    wow...blastin a coon with a nailgun...don't think I have heard that before...

CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member
    That neck doesn't stop at red, it's all the way up to maroon. That's great. You don't often read something like this that ends with "we asked him not to kill things on school grounds." That just ices the cake. I wonder if they served it for lunch in the cafeteria after class?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

No problem with the killing of the raccoon.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    No problem with the killing of the raccoon.

Same here..racoons are PLENTY here..I shot two of them last week..if I had known that the school was wanting them, I would have delivered! Would have saved me a couple of rounds!

VIP Member
    I think my post came across wrong. I'm all for it. Racoons are pests that bite and make a mess. He should have sent the pelt over to the home-ec class to make into a hat or leather.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

That's not too far from me!

Lots of coons around here. I'm just wondering what they did with it after class.

Cooking class right down the hall. LOL.

Lemme see, in HS we pithed frogs and disected. A teacher brought in the mule deer head he had killed that season and sawed the skull to have the horns mounted. We got a closeup look at a detached eyeball on that one. Another place, another generation. Feel sad for kids today. Besides, racoon is greasy.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO the instructor would have been better served by moving the " skinning the coon " lesson plan back a day . While i have no issue with any painless dispatch of any critter i think the incident showed some real poor judgement no matter how humain it might be .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

haha thats awesome. im all for it

We have a rabies problem around here. Coons and foxes. I catch coons in a live trap, then take 'em in the garage and head shoot them with a CB cap. Nobody hears it and the garbage man gets rid of it.

All of the whiners need to spend a day on the killing floor of a meatpacking outfit. Where do they think steaks come from?
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Senior Moderator
    Coon makes a fine meal.

I hope they didnt waste it. I'd have laid out his guts for all to see and then cooked him up and let everyone have a piece.

Then, just because, I'd tan that hide and put it up on the wall for the rest of the school year for all to see.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links