Naked...rant and a kinda of ramble

This is a discussion on Naked...rant and a kinda of ramble within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I am finally home from IL. I have been working west of springfield and north of carbondale these past few weeks. I have to ...

Thread: Naked...rant and a kinda of ramble

So I am finally home from IL. I have been working west of springfield and north of carbondale these past few weeks. I have to go back sunday for work on monday and tuesday then back again after the holiday.

Talk about feeling naked. I have been CC'n everyday and these past few weeks the G/F has been keeping the gun with her.

I can't wait for these projects to be over.

The other big bummer is the IL state police is almost directly across from the one hotel and I can hear them doing their night shoots. It sounds like they are having fun while I am stuck watching TV.

The other kicker is the guy I am working with also works for the sherriff. He tried to tell me that my pocket knife was a "weapon" as I cut a box open. I should of checked the knife law before so I asked him what was legal. 3 inches and under he said, I just made it my blade is just under 3 inches.

Talk about sucking big time...

Do any of you feel the same way when you travel to other states that do not allow CC?

-James

JD
    Administrator
    Oh yeah, I had to travel tio CT on many ocasions, I should have put in for a CT non-res a long time ago. If I had known I was going to be spending as much time there as I did, I would have, now thankfully I should never have to go back.

Actually, I should just go ahead and get the CT non-res, you just never know when things are going to break.

On top of that, my wife's family is in WI. no carry there whatsoever.

Administrator
    Absolutely I just do not feel right when I am out and without the added weight of a trusted firearm on my person.

oh yea. i feel the exact same way.
    that and every time i go to school... so every day

Assistant Administrator
    Last April, wife and I - plus step son's GF and sister - drove up to Waukegan, North of Chicago .... to see the boy graduate from Great Lakes naval Academy. Plenty long enough drive that is - 13 hours probably.

I was good for the whole journey - until just before the IL state line. Oh my - what a feeling of impending impotence, as I divested myself of the gun and locked it up ... and put ammo away. From then on it was just my big stick walking cane.

Of course on the return drive, it was not a moment too soon once back in IN to be able to ''tool up'' once more and feel normal and protected.

It is sad (being polite) to have to go thru this ridiculous transition within our own country ... and it's the same if I go south into MD (and that ain't often as might be imagined!). All a tragic reflection on the ''convenience'' of some 2A interpretations.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I hear what you are saying....

As much as I miss Carbondale (SIUC, 1994), I don't think I'll be going back soon, unless I have TDY orders (not that CC is dependent on it--it isn't--I just won't go back unless ordered).

My parents live in northern IL--about an hour outside Chicago--and unfortunately will be going there for Thanksgiving....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I have to go to Rockford for Christmas this year by plane. Since we will be flying out of/into Miami, checked luggage is a PITA. So no knives, either.

Not happy....

Sponsored Links