Comfortable shoes?

This is a discussion on Comfortable shoes? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I need a pair of black - very comfortable shoes for a job (Police Officer - On Foot Patrol) that requires a lot of walking ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comfortable shoes?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Comfortable shoes?

I need a pair of black - very comfortable shoes for a job (Police Officer - On Foot Patrol) that requires a lot of walking \ standing. They can be sneakers as long as they are full black with no white stripes or odd designs.
    I'd prefer replys from people who actually have to do a LOT of walking \ standing & like what you own\wear.
    Links to what you recommend will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Cheak out red wing.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

I use a set of Oakley Flak Jackets for backpacking and work around the house. They come in black and are oh so comfortable. I love them a ton. Best site to get them off of is zappos.com
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Maybe it's just me, but I like nothing better than a pair of standard issue black `cruit boots with a ripple sole.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Well I've made my living on my feet for over twenty years. When I owned a boat yard I literally walked the soles off high dollar work boots every three months. I've also had the joy of tendonitis in my heels from poorly fitting boots and shoes. These days I'm on concrete most of the day.

My foot doctor finally drummed it into my head to spend the money on really good running shoes. I needed more support than boots and other shoes were giving me and I was in serious pain.

Think gel or air soles and running shoes if you can find them. All black may take some looking but I've seen them occasionally. New Balance has been the most consistent for me and at least they are still assembled in the USA.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Administrator
    If your doing a lot of foot patrol, do as I do and ask the mailman. They will know not only what works, but where you can find the shoes in your area.

FWIW, I wear danners too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto has some great advice there, my Aunt is a postal worker and wears danner boots, they are pricey, but she swears by em.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Danners are great. Rockports are supposed to be great walking shoes as well - they will be my next pair.

Austin

Administrator
    The most comfortable foot covering I have ever bought/worn.
    Like walking barefoot.

They are hard to find in Black though & much more common in "Desert Sand" IDF Israeli Defense Forces Commando Scout.
    I liked them so much I bought a few pair in "Sand" - they are as light as a feather & the soles are very flexible.

OK here is a place that has them in Black $36.00 http://www.zahal.org/gear/p3.htm but, I have never ordered anything from this particular company before so keep that in mind.
    I don't want anybody getting ripped off and having it be on my shoulders.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I waited tables in these, worked out in them, and ran the PF changs half marathon in them. They have an 80% customer retention rate (the silly things you learn in college) and are extremly price friendly. W/o further adue (is that how that is spelled) i present you thenew balance 474
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Administrator
    Here are the ones I wear when I know I'll be walking a lot; http://www.danner.com/product/unifor...5%27%27.do

They wear like a running shoe, have plenty of ankle support, take a shine, and look good with a uniform.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The most comfortable foot covering I have ever bought/worn.
    Like walking barefoot.

They are hard to find in Black though & much more common in "Desert Sand" IDF Israeli Defense Forces Commando Scout.
    I liked them so much I bought a few pair in "Sand" - they are as light as a feather & the soles are very flexible.

OK here is a place that has them in Black $36.00 http://www.zahal.org/gear/p3.htm but, I have never ordered anything from this particular company before so keep that in mind.
    I don't want anybody getting ripped off and having it be on my shoulders.
    Don't know anything about the boots, but I do know Zahal. I ordered my bodyguard jacket from there and probably some others here did to. Good quick service. No problems. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    http://www.zahal.org/gear/p3.htm but, I have never ordered anything from this particular company before so keep that in mind.
    Zahal did OK by me on a small order. Fast shipping, good customer service. YMMV.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Wow, lots of good suggestions. So far I like the New balance or Israeli choices for comfort and price.
    For God, Family and Country!

I have trouble finding Chinese made shoes/boots that fit worth a darn. Recently I bought some New Balance shoes that are better than most.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links