Well, finally started that new job today

This is a discussion on Well, finally started that new job today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It took about 3 weeks from the job offer until I was finally able to start work, but the day finally came today. Overall, I'm ...

Thread: Well, finally started that new job today

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Well, finally started that new job today

It took about 3 weeks from the job offer until I was finally able to start work, but the day finally came today. Overall, I'm pretty impressed.

All of the docs that I'll be working with, at least so far seem to be pretty nice, and very helpful. I have a place to sit in a "bullpen so that I can either dictate my note, or enter it into the computer. I won't start learning the electronic medical record system until next week. If it's like the one that I used in California, it will take some time to learn, but once I have it down, it should save time. I've also worked on an EMR system that was total crap, but the practice that I was working in that used it was pretty cheap. This group is a major corporation, in several states. I'll have other things to learn, not so much medical, as procedural, but I should do ok.

I've looked over the benefit package, and I'm happy. I have 16 days vacation time, starting in 30 days, that I'll earn as each pay period comes along. But, 1 day more than 3 weeks vacation first year is pretty sweet. And, they give me long term disability, and I can buy short term disability, as well as increasing the benefit amount of the long term disability, and cut the eligibility time in half by paying a small amount. And, as long as I take advantage of it my first 31 days, I don't have to prove insurability. The availability of the coverage, the ability of increasing the benefit amount, along with cutting the eligibility time from 6 months to 90 days is great, since my health problems would prevent me from buying this coverage privately. They also give me a personal holiday a year, along with the standard holidays, a week of CME time, as well as $1000 CME money. So, less money out of pocket if I want to go to a conference.

So. I'm pretty happy. And, while I've been waiting to start this job, I've been able to work quite a bit at my part time job at the local jail. And, given the jail that I work for, I may be seeing OJ soon... It looks like things have finally turned around. There are still some problems that I see coming, but nothing like what I've been through the past year. I'm finally happy!!!!!
    Last edited by P95Carry; November 20th, 2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Paragraphs are your friend :-)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    good work!
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    Congrats....keep up the good work!

VIP Member
    Good news, Squawker. I know you are really glad to be able to get back to work.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Congrats. Glad to hear it is starting well.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Assistant Administrator
    Good news - sounds like things are panning out well for you.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links