Rural King Rant

This is a discussion on Rural King Rant within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Rural King on 933 in Niles, MI had a drawing for a large Centurion gun safe this afternoon at 4:00 pm. You must be present ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rural King Rant

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue

Rural King Rant

Rural King on 933 in Niles, MI had a drawing for a large Centurion gun safe this afternoon at 4:00 pm. You must be present to win. Unfortunately for about 98% of the people there this afternoon didnít have a chance to win. A family of 6 (dad, grandma, mom, aunt, uncle, and son (sixteen?) stood at the entry table each picking up a pad of entry forms, filling them out and stuffing the entry box. I watched all 5 of them fill out forms for 15 minutes. According to others who were watching they had been there for quite a while. Employees said there was nothing they could do. Management wasn't around. This family wasnít even trying to hide what they were doing. There were about 300 people waiting for the drawing the majority of them having filled out one entry. Iím guessing that between the 5 of them they probably filled out 50 entries each so they probably had over 50% of the entries in the box. The sad part is they won. The parenting examples of honest and integrity they demonstrated by including their young son (16?) in filling out forms is appalling. I was ashamed for all gun owners that this man/family owns a gun and was willing to go to this extreme to win a gun safe. I know that I was not alone in my thoughts.

There were a lot of angry people who left and will never be shopping at Rural King again because management didnít address this issue. I'm one and will be complaining to corporate headquarters and the management of the store.

Did anyone else witness this behavior at other Rural King stores or was this local?
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Despicable behavior by the family, utter cowardice from the store. If there is any justice in the world, that safe fell right through the rusted out bed of the Clampett-mobile pick-up truck and smashed apart on the highway...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    A family of 6 (dad, grandma, mom, aunt, uncle, and son (sixteen?) stood at the entry table each picking up a pad of entry forms, filling them out and stuffing the entry box. I watched all 5 of them fill out forms for 15 minutes. There were about 300 people waiting for the drawing the majority of them having filled out one entry.
    Dishonorable folk are everywhere. It's pathetic and sad to see them and what they end up achieving because of their dishonor, and the degree of meek and dishnorable actions displayed (by the staff) in the face of it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Despicable behavior by the family, utter cowardice from the store. If there is any justice in the world, that safe fell right through the rusted out bed of the Clampett-mobile pick-up truck and smashed apart on the highway...
    "Hey Jed, Where'd our new gun cab'net go?"

and why didnt all the other folks call in to their family members to get over there and help fill out forms? Would have evened out the odds a little.

Administrator
    I dunno, hillbillys will be hillbillys. If they wanted it that bad to sacrafice their pride, let them have it.
    Human nature is weird... people get more worked up over "free" things than anything else.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've seen people like that around here and I just have to shake my head and walk away.

Sixto is right about people getting worked up.

I heard a long time ago a store manager put up a sign on some candy (I think) 25 cents each or 3 for a dollar. There were so many people getting their 3 for a dollar it was like a feeding frenzy.

Administrator
    Just wait until the evening news tomorrow night. I'm sure there will be a few stories about people getting trampled or fighting over some stupid item or a few bucks.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'll just shop like I always do, online! LOL.

Distinguished Member
    From my experience in retail, years ago I might add, something sticks in my mind that you can not put limits or require purchases for free drawings, maybe it was a state law, but it is very sad to see this happen. Kinda reminds me of places that have "customer appreciation meals" some folks there have never bought a .01 worth of product in their life

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I don't worry too much about the rude and thoughtless idiots who pull stunts likt that...

You always need to remember...

That their stupid actions are just floating around in the 'cosmos' waiting to store up enough energy to come back and smack 'em up side the head.

The trouble is...the rest of the population usually never gets to see it, and the 'idiots' never figure out WHY 'stuff' happens to them...
    It's nature's way in cleaning out the gene pool...and it does happen!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The trouble is...the rest of the population usually never gets to see it, and the 'idiots' never figure out WHY 'stuff' happens to them...
    It's nature's way in cleaning out the gene pool...and it does happen!
    It does, doesnt it!
    "Just blame Sixto"

why didn't the people giving the drawing just hand out one entry slip per customer? why couldnt the store employees do anything? this all comes from a lack of organization and management.if i were in charge of this i would have told them one per customer or else leave the property.now!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.Ē
    ― Thomas Paine

1943 - 2009
    Pretty sad situation, Pitmaster.

I guess you could take some comfort in the old adage, "what goes around, comes around".

This "family" will get their just reward, someday.

When youíre wounded and left on Afghanistanís plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Some more information has come to light since I originally posted this thread. This was NOT a family of five stuffing the box. Instead is was a couple of different groups and I'm not sure of the relationship between everyone. However, the winner was the husband of one woman who was stuffing the box. It turns out he is not a gun owner and was very uncomfortable that he won. His wife evidently can be a little "over the top". The winner gave it to a family who actually needed it. I don't know what that criteria was but from the information I learned a little earlier today he was not comfortable with the whole thing. I'm guessing his wife may have learned a lesson. All's well that ends well I guess.

Still, I think Rural King should try to figure out a way to prevent stuffing the box in this manner. Possibly by giving an entry to each person who comes in the door that day and dropping the requirement of being present to win.

I know this contest had some effect on generating revenue for them.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links